DAPNAT 10MG TABLET 10'S
DAPAGLIFLOZINManufacturer : NATCO PHARMA LTDOrigin of Medicine : India
Dapnat 10mg Tablet contains the active constituent Dapagliflozin. It is used to treat type 2 diabetes along with exercise and diet. Type 2 Diabetes is a disease in which high levels of sugar present in the blood caused by reduced sensitivity of tissues to insulin or lack of insulin (insulin facilitates the entry of glucose to all cells of the body). This medication also helps reduce the risk of hospitalization for heart failure in type 2 diabetes patients with heart diseases or who have many risk factors for developing heart problems
Dapnat 10mg Tablet is not recommended for patients with type 1 diabetes, diabetic ketoacidosis, severe kidney problems, and patients on dialysis. Talk to your doctor if you have liver problems, problems with the pancreas, a history of urinary tract infections, alcohol addiction, or if you are going to have surgery or there is a change in your diet before taking this medicine.
Dapnat 10mg Tablet contains lactose. Talk to your doctor if you have an intolerance to some sugars before taking this medicine. Avoid drinking alcohol while taking this medicine. It is important to follow regularly any advice regarding foot care given by your health care team if you have diabetes.
Uses of Dapnat 10mg Tablet:
- Type 2 diabetes
- Reduces the risk of heart diseases in type 2 diabetes patients
How Dapnat 10mg Tablet works:
Dapnat 10mg Tablet blocks the protein called sodium glucose co-transporter-2 (SGLT2) in your kidney. By blocking this protein, blood sugar, salt and water are eliminated from your body via urine. This process decreases the blood sugar levels.
Interactions with other drugs:
Inform your doctor about any medications you are taking or have taken before the treatment.
- Keep Dapnat 10mg Tablet out of sight and reach of children.
- Store at room temperature between 20°C to 25°C.
- KD Tripathi, Essentials of Medical Pharmacology, Insulin, oral hypoglycaemic drugs and glucagon, 7th edition, 2013, 278.
- AstraZeneca Pharmaceuticals LP Wilmington, US Food and Drug Administration, [ Revised on May 2020] [ Accessed on 2nd July 2021], https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/label/2020/202293s020lbl.pdf
- AstraZeneca UK Limited, Electronic medicines compendium (emc), [ Revised on Dec 2020] [ Accessed on 2nd July 2021], https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/files/pil.7607.pdf
How to use Dapnat 10mg Tablet:
Always take Dapnat 10mg Tablet exactly as your physician has told you. You can take this medicine with or without food. Do not crush or chew the tablets. Stay on your prescribed diet and exercise program while taking this medicine.
Dapnat 10mg Tablet is not recommended during the second and third trimesters of pregnancy. Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to get pregnant before taking this medicine.
Do not breastfeed while being treated with Dapnat 10mg Tablet. Inform your doctor if you are breastfeeding before taking this medicine.
You need to tell your doctor if you have any liver disorders before taking Dapnat 10mg Tablet.
Dapnat 10mg Tablet is not recommended in patients with severe kidney disorders. You should inform your doctor if you have any kidney disorders or if you are on dialysis before taking this medicine.
Do not drive if you feel dizzy while taking Dapnat 10mg Tablet.
- Dapnat 10mg Tablet should not be taken if you have type 1 diabetes or diabetic ketoacidosis.
- Talk to your doctor if you have an intolerance to some sugars before taking this medicine.
- Avoid drinking alcohol while taking this medication.
Side effects are unwanted symptoms caused by medicines. Even though all medicines cause side effects, not everyone gets them.
- Dehydration (dizzy, faint, weak, especially when you stand up)
- Low blood sugar
- Serious urinary tract infections
- Ketoacidosis (trouble breathing, stomach pain, vomiting, nausea, tiredness)
- Stuffy or runny nose, sore throat
- Increased urge to urinate, urinating more than usual, or at night
- Yeast infections of the vagina and penis
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.