DECITEX 30MG INJECTION
DECITABINEManufacturer : SUN PHARMACEUTICAL INDUSTRIES LTDOrigin of Medicine : India
Decitex 30mg Injection is an anti-cancer medicine containing the active constituent decitabine. It is used in the treatment of acute myeloid leukemia. Acute myeloid leukemia is a type of blood cancer that arises from the bone marrow extending to other body parts, in which the blood cells produced multiply in an uncontrolled and abnormal way. This medicine is also used to treat myelodysplastic syndromes (a group of disorders caused by blood cells that are formed poorly or do not work properly).
Inform your physician if you have an infection, liver disease, heart disease, kidney disease, and low blood count. Your doctor will monitor liver, kidney, and blood counts before the start of each treatment cycle. It is not recommended for children or adolescents under the age of 18. Tell your doctor if you are on a low salt diet as this medicine contains sodium. Administration of the medicine may lead to bone marrow suppression.
Uses of Decitex 30mg Injection:
- Acute myeloid leukemia
- Myelodysplastic syndromes
How Decitex 30mg Injection works:
It works by getting inserted into the DNA and inhibiting cell differentiation in cancer cells.
Interactions with other drugs:
Inform your doctor about any medications you are taking or have taken before the treatment.
- Keep out of sight and reach of children.
- Store vials at 25°C. Do not freeze.
- Janssen-Cilag International NV, Electronic medicines compendium (emc), [ Revised on March 2019] [ Accessed on 9th April], https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/files/pil.2838.pdf
- Otsuka America Pharmaceutical, US Food and Drug Administration, [ Revised on December 2018] [ Accessed on 9th April 2021], https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/label/2018/021790s021lbl.pdf
- Michael Daskalakis et al; Decitabine; Recent Results in cancer Research 2010; Accessed 09/042021; https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/20072836/
How to use Decitex 30mg Injection:
The medicine will be administered intravenously by the physician experienced in the chemotherapy.
Decitex 30mg Injection can cause fetal harm in pregnant patients. Inform your doctor if your pregnant or planning to get pregnant before taking this medicine. It will be given to you only if it is clearly needed.
Do not breastfeed during the treatment with Decitex 30mg Injection. Inform the physician if you are breastfeeding before taking this medicine
Inform your physician if you have any liver diseases.
Inform your physician if you have any serious kidney disorders
The medicine may make you feel sick. Avoid driving if you are not ready
Tell your doctor if you:
- Are on a low salt diet as this medicine contains sodium.
- Have infection or heart disorders.
Side effects are unwanted symptoms caused by medicines. Even though all medicines cause side effects, not everyone gets them.
- Fever (a sign of infection due to low white blood cells)
- Chest pain, cough accompanied with or without fever
- Bleeding, blood in stools
- Bleeding in the head (difficulty with moving, speaking, seeing; headache, seizures, weakness in any parts of the body)
- Allergic reactions (swelling of the lips, rash, itching, difficulty breathing)
- Urine infection
- High blood sugar levels
- Feeling tired
- Diarrhea, vomiting, nausea
- Abnormal liver function
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.