EMZUMAB 150MG COMBIKIT INJECTION
OMALIZUMABManufacturer : CIPLA LTDOrigin of Medicine : India
Emzumab 150mg Combikit Injection contains the active constituent omalizumab. It is used to prevent asthma from getting worse by controlling symptoms of severe allergic asthma in adults and children above 6 years of age. It is used to treat chronic rhino sinusitis (inflammation of the nose and sinuses) with nasal polyps (small growths on the lining of the nose) and chronic spontaneous urticaria (CSU). Talk to your doctor if you have kidney disorders, liver disorders, allergic conditions, autoimmune disorder (disease in which your own immune system attacks parts of your body) or you are travelling to a region where parasitic infections are common before taking this medicine. Contact your doctor if your experience any allergic reactions while taking this medicine.
Uses of Emzumab 150mg Combikit Injection:
- Allergic asthma
- Chronic rhino sinusitis with nasal polyps
- Chronic spontaneous urticaria (CSU)
How Emzumab 150mg Combikit Injection works:
Emzumab 150mg Combikit Injection works by blocking a substance called immunoglobulin E (IgE) in the the body. IgE plays a key role in causing allergic asthma, chronic rhino sinusitis with nasal polyps and CSU.
Interactions with other drugs:
Inform your doctor about any medications you are taking before starting treatment with Emzumab 150mg Combikit Injection.
- Keep this medicine out of the sight and reach of children.
- Store in a refrigerator between 2°C to 8°C. Do not freeze.
- Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corp; Electronic Medicines Compendium; [Revised: July 2020] [Accessed:25/Apr/2021], https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/files/pil.4725.pdf
- Genentech USA, Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corp; US Food and Drug Administration; [Revised: July 2016] [Accessed:25/Apr/2021], https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/label/2016/103976s5225lbl.pdf
- C Kumar et al; Omalizumab; NCBI Bookshelf; [Revised: Sept 2020] [Accessed:25/Apr/2021], https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK545183/
- K Godse et al; Omalizumab: A review; International Journal of Dermatology 2015; [Accessed:25/Apr/2021], https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4533538/
- KD Tripathi, Essentials of Medical Pharmacology, Drugs for cough and bronchial asthma, 7th edition, 2013, 231.
How to use Emzumab 150mg Combikit Injection:
It will be given to you by your health care professional.
This medicine is not safe to be used in pregnancy. Consult with your doctor for advice.
It is not recommended to breastfeed while taking Emzumab 150mg Combikit Injection. Consult with your doctor for advice.
Emzumab 150mg Combikit Injection should be used with caution in patients suffering from liver diseases. Consult with your doctor for advice
Emzumab 150mg Combikit Injection should be used with caution in patients suffering from kidney diseases. Consult with your doctor for advice
- Inform your doctor if you have any autoimmune disorders before starting treatment with Emzumab 150mg Combikit Injection.
Side Effects are unwanted symptoms caused by medicines. Although all medicines cause side effects; not everyone gets them.
- Severe allergic reactions
- Reaction at the injection site such as swelling, itching and redness
- Pain in the abdomen
- Headache (very common in children), dizziness
- Upper respiratory tract infection, inflammation of the pharynx and common cold
- Feeling of pressure or pain in the cheeks and forehead (sinusitis, sinus headache)
- Pain in joints (arthralgia)
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.