EXELON 3MG CAPSULE
RIVASTIGMINEManufacturer : NOVARTIS INDIA LTDOrigin of Medicine : Switzerland
Exelon 3mg Capsule contains the active constituent rivastigmine. It is used to treat mild to moderately severe dementia (impairment in thinking, behavior, memory) in patients with Alzheimer’s disease and Parkinson’s disease. Alzheimer’s is a progressive neuro disorder that results in limited social skills, thinking ability, and forgetfulness. Parkinson’s disease is a neurological disorder with a progressive loss of coordination and movement.
Talk to your doctor if you have or ever had kidney diseases, heart failure, liver diseases, asthma, difficulties in passing urine, seizures, and stomach ulcer before taking Exelon 3mg Capsule. Administration of this medicine may lead to too much loss of fluid, significant vomiting and diarrhea, skin irritation or skin blistering, or loss of weight; contact your doctor on such conditions.
Uses of Exelon 3mg Capsule:
- Treatment of dementia in Alzheimer’s disease and Parkinson's disease
How Exelon 3mg Capsule works:
Exelon 3mg Capsule blocks the enzymes breaking acetylcholine and increases the acetylcholine in the brain (a substance that allows nerve cells to communicate and low levels of the substance in the brain may lead to the death of nerve cells).
Interactions with other drugs:
Inform your doctor about any medications you are taking or have taken before the treatment
- Keep out of sight and reach of children.
- Capsules should be stored in tightly closed container at a temperature not exceeding 30°C. Do not freeze.
- KD Tripathi, Essentials of Medical Pharmacology, CNS Stimulants and Cognition Enhancers, 7th edition, 2013, 489.
- Goodman & Gilman’s, The Pharmacological Basics of Therapeutics, Treatment of Central Nervous System Degenerative Disorders, 12th edition, 2011, 621.
- Novartis, US Food and Drug Administration, [Revised on Jan 2015], [ Accessed on 14th April 2021], https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/label/2015/020823s032%2C021025s022lbl.pdf
- Mylan, Electronic medicines compendium (emc), [ Revised on Sept 2016] [ Accessed on 14th April 2021], https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/files/pil.8495.pdf
How to use Exelon 3mg Capsule:
Always take this medicine as exactly your doctor has told you. Swallow the capsules whole with a drink. Do not break, crush or chew the capsules. Contact your doctor if you have accidentally taken more Exelon 3mg Capsule than you should.
Inform your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to pregnant before taking this medicine.
You should not breastfeed during the treatment with Exelon 3mg Capsule. Inform your doctor if you are breastfeeding before taking this medicine.
Inform your physician if you have or have ever had liver disorders.
Inform your physician if you have or have ever had kidney diseases.
The medicine may make you feel tired and sleepy. Avoid driving if you feel unwell during the treatment. Consult your doctor before driving while taking this medicine
- Inform your doctor if you have heart problems, asthma, difficulties in urine, seizures, stomach ulcer, allergic conditions or other diseases.
Side effects are unwanted symptoms caused by medicines. Even though all medicines cause side effects, not everyone gets them.
- Accidentally falling, shaking
- Dehydration, prolonged vomiting, diarrhea
- Skin irritation or blistering
- Seeing things that are not there
- Weight loss
- Headache, dizziness
- Loss of appetite
- Feeling confused
- Feeling agitated, restlessness
- Stomach pain
- Too much saliva
- Unusually slow movements
- Difficulty in sleeping
- High blood pressure
- Slow heart beat
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.