HICOLY 1MIU INJECTION
COLISTIMETHATE SODIUMManufacturer : INTAS PHARMACEUTICALS LTDOrigin of Medicine : India
Hicoly 1MIU Injection is an antibiotic containing the active constituent Colistimethate sodium. It is used to treat some kind of serious infections caused by bacteria. It is particularly used to treat the infection caused by strains of Pseudomonas aeruginosa. Inform your doctor if you have kidney diseases, liver diseases, muscle weakness or asthma before taking this medication.
Diarrhea is the common problem associated with the use of antibiotics; inform your physician if you experience bloody and watery stools with or without stomach cramps and fever. Neurological disturbances such as numbness, tingling, dizziness, a sensation of spinning, slurring of speech may occur with the administration of Hicoly 1MIU Injection.
Make sure you inform your physician of all the medicines, including supplements and herbal medicines, you are taking before you start treatment with Hicoly 1MIU Injection. Do not skip doses as it may decrease the effectiveness of the treatment.
Uses of Hicoly 1MIU Injection:
- Treating serious infections caused by bacteria
How Hicoly 1MIU Injection works:
Hicoly 1MIU Injection penetrates into the bacteria, disrupts the bacterial cell membrane and stops the growth of bacteria.
Interactions with other drugs:
Inform your doctor about any medications you are taking or have taken before the treatment.
- Store at controlled room temperature 20°C to 25°C protected from light.
- Keep out of sight and reach of children.
- Monarch Pharmaceuticals, US Food and Drug Administration, [ Revised on Oct 2006] [ Accessed on 8th April 2021], https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/label/2009/050108s026lbl.pdf
- Beacon Pharmaceuticals, Electronic medicines compendium (emc), [ Revised on Nov 2020] [ Accessed on 8th April], https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/files/pil.5648.pdf
- Teva UK Limited, Electronic medicines compendium (emc), [ Revised on Dec 2020] [ Accessed on 8th April], https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/files/pil.9664.pdf
How to use Hicoly 1MIU Injection:
Hicoly 1MIU Injection will be intravenously administered by the health care professional.
There are no established adverse effects of Hicoly 1MIU Injection in pregnant women. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to get pregnant before taking this medicine. It will be given to you only if it is really needed.
Hicoly 1MIU Injection may be excreted into breast milk. Inform the physician before taking this medicine if you are breastfeeding.
It is important to inform your doctor if you have any liver disorders.
It is important to inform your doctor if you have any kidney disorders.
Avoid driving and heavy machinery during the treatment with this medicine as it may cause neurological disturbances.
- Before taking this medication, inform your doctor if you have muscle disorders, lung diseases, allergic conditions, or other diseases.
Side effects are unwanted symptoms caused by medicines. Even though all medicines cause side effects, not everyone gets them.
- Allergic reaction indicated by Wheezing or breathing difficulties, Sudden swelling of face, throat, lips
- Kidney diseases
- Irritation at the injection site
- Rash, itching
- Decreased urine output
- Slurred speech
- Tingling, numbness
- Dizziness, feeling of rotation
- Stomach upset
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.