IMAGET 400MG TABLET
IMATINIBManufacturer : GLS PHARMA LTDOrigin of Medicine : India
Imaget 400mg Tablet consists of the active ingredient Imatinib. It is used to treat blood cancer (Chronic Myeloid leukaemia, acute lymphocytic leukaemia) and gastrointestinal stromal tumour even if it is considered not curative.
Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia (CML) is a type of blood cancer characterized by uncontrolled production of stem cells in the bone marrow and an increased number of mature granulocytes in the blood. This treatment aims to prolong survival, prevent the disease from worsening, and ultimately reduce the signs and symptoms.
Uses of Imaget 400mg Tablet:
Imaget 400mg Tablet is either used alone or in combination with other chemotherapy treatments to treat the following conditions:
- Chronic eosinophilic leukaemia
- Chronic myeloid leukaemia
- Gastrointestinal stromal tumour (Stomach cancer)
- Dermatofibrosarcoma protuberans (skin cancer).
How Imaget 400mg Tablet Works:
BCR-ABL tyrosine kinase enzyme is responsible for the uncontrolled division of cells in blood cancer. Imaget 400mg Tablet disrupts the signalling route of protein kinase enzyme. It targets the BCR-ABL protein and inhibits the growth and spread of cancer cells.
Interaction with other drugs:
Inform your doctor about any medications you are taking or have taken before the treatment.
Store in a place protected from moisture, in a temperature not exceeding 30˚C.
- Anton Wellstein, Giuseppe Giaccone, Michael B. Atkins, and Edward A. Sausville, Pathway-Targeted Therapies: Monoclonal Antibodies, Protein Kinase Inhibitors, and Various Small Molecules, Goodman & Gilman’s Pharmacological Basis of Therapeutics, 13th Edition, 2018, 1203-1236.
- Robert J. Thomson; Majid Moshirfar; Yasmyne Ronquillo, Tyrosine Kinase Inhibitors, [Revised on 21st Jan 2021] [Accessed on 30th Mar 2021], https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK563322/
- Novartis, [Revised on Aug 2020] [Accessed on 30th Mar 2021], https://www.novartis.us/sites/www.novartis.us/files/gleevec_tabs.pdf
- Wockhardt UK Ltd, Electronic Medicines Compendium, [Revised on Jul 2021] [Accessed on 30th Nov 2021], https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/files/pil.2432.pdf
- Burgunda Sweet, Adult Hematologic Malignancies, Handbook of Applied Therapeutics, 9th Edition, 2016, 735-745.
- KD Tripathi, Anticancer Drugs, Essentials of Medical Pharmacology, 8th Edition, 2019, 915-936.
How to use Imaget 400mg Tablet:
Do not crush the tablets. Avoid direct contact of crushed tablets with the skin or mucous membranes. Use as directed by your oncologist.
This medicine is not intended for use during pregnancy. Talk to your physician if you are pregnant or think you could be pregnant.
Consult your physician for advice on taking this medicine if you are a breastfeeding mother.
Inform your physician before starting this treatment if you have liver disease. Ensure that your physician monitors your liver functions every month.
Inform your physician before starting this treatment if you have kidney disease. Make sure that your physician monitors your kidney functions regularly.
Exercise caution while driving and using machines during this treatment.
- Inform your physician before taking this medicine if you have lung problems, breathing trouble, heart problems, or other health issues.
- Inform your physician if you are hypersensitive to Imatinib or its ingredients.
Side effects are unwanted symptoms caused by medicines. Even though all drugs cause side effects, not everyone gets them.
- Hemolytic Anaemia
- Low levels of WBC and platelets in the blood
- Heart failure and swelling
- Liver abnormalities
- Kidney disorders
- Growth retardation in children
- Nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea
- Sensitivity to light
- Stomach pain
- Muscle cramps
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.