JOLLTRIM DS TABLET
SULFAMETHOXAZOLE,TRIMETHOPRIMManufacturer : JOLLY HEALTHCAREOrigin of Medicine : India
Jolltrim DS Tablet is a combination antibiotic medication containing the active constituents sulphamethoxazole 800mg and trimethoprim 160mg. It is used to treat or prevent infections caused by bacteria. It is used to treat lung infections, bladder or urinary tract infections, and infections affecting the skin and brain. It is not recommended for infants during the first six weeks of life. Tell your doctor if you have kidney problems, liver problems, blood disorders, or allergy to any medicines.
Stop taking Jolltrim DS Tablet if you develop any hypersensitive reactions. It is contraindicated in pregnant and breastfeeding patients because it passes the placenta and is excreted in milk. Skipping the doses or not completing the entire course of treatment may decrease the effectiveness of the medicine. Drink plenty of fluids to prevent stone formation. Diarrhea is a common problem associated with the use of antibiotics. Contact your doctor immediately if you develop watery or bloody stools.
Uses of Jolltrim DS Tablet:
- To treat bacterial infections
How Jolltrim DS Tablet works:
Jolltrim DS Tablet inhibits the production of Folic acid in bacteria, that is essential for the growth and multiplication of bacteria and produces an antibacterial effect.
Interactions with other drugs:
Inform your doctor about any medications you are taking or have taken before the treatment.
Keep out of sight and reach of children. Store below 25°C. Keep this medicine protected from moisture.
- KD Tripathi, Essentials of Medical Pharmacology, Sulfonamides, Cotrimoxazole, and Quinolones, 7th edition, 2013, 706-708.
- Goodman & Gilman’s, The Pharmacological Basis of Therapeutics, Sulfonamides, Trimethoprim-Sulfamethoxazole, Quinolones, and Agents for urinary tract infections, 12th edition, 2011, 1468-1470.
- Accord, Electronic medicines compendium (emc), [ Revised on March 2021] [ Accessed on 5th May 2021], https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/files/pil.5752.pdf
- AR Scientific, Inc, US Food and Drug Administration, [ Revised on June 2010] [ Accessed on 5th May 2021], https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/label/2010/017377s067lbl.pdf
How to use Jolltrim DS Tablet:
Take Jolltrim DS Tablet in the dose and duration prescribed by your physician. Take the tablets with some food or drink. It will stop you from feeling sick or having diarrhea. Drink plenty of fluids while taking this medicine.
Inform your physician if you are pregnant or planning to get pregnant before taking this medication. It is contraindicated in pregnant patients. Consult your doctor for potential risks.
It is contraindicated in breastfeeding patients. Inform your doctor if you are breastfeeding before taking this medicine as it passes into breast milk. Consult your doctor for potential risks.
It is vital to inform your doctor if you have liver disorders before taking medicine.
Inform your doctor if you have any kidney diseases.
- Drink plenty of fluids to prevent stone formation.
- Skipping the doses or not completing the full course of treatment may decrease the effectiveness of the medicine.
Side effects are unwanted symptoms caused by medicines. Even though all medicines cause side effects, not everyone gets them.
- Skin reactions (Purplish spots or patches or blisters or peeling on the skin, high fever, joint pain, eye inflammation)
- Ulcers in the nose, mouth, throat, and genitals
- Infection affecting mouth or vagina
- Skin rashes
- Muscle cramps or pain
- Irregular heartbeats
- Unusual tiredness
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.