CALCIUM POLYSTYRENE SULPHONATEManufacturer : RINDZ PHARMA PVT LTDOrigin of Medicine : India
Ketach 15.3gm Powder contains the active constituent calcium polystyrene sulphonate. It is used to remove high amounts of potassium from the blood. This medicine is usually given to people who have kidney problems and people on dialysis. This medicine is not recommended for you if you have blocked intestine, thyroid problems, and high levels of calcium in your blood. Tell your doctor if you have constipation, kidney disorders, heart problems, low blood volume (can occur with dehydration and bleeding), or lung disorders before taking Ketach 15.3gm Powder.
It is important to tell your doctor about the medications you have been taking recently, including herbal medicines and supplements. Do not mix Ketach 15.3gm Powder with orange juice or fruit juice which contains potassium. Be careful not to inhale the powder accidentally, as it may cause shortness of breath and coughing.
Uses of Ketach 15.3gm Powder:
- Removes high amount of potassium from the blood
How Ketach 15.3gm Powder works:
It gets attached to the extra potassium in the body, especially in the large intestine, so it can be removed from the body in the stool.
Interactions with other drugs:
Inform your doctor about any medications you are taking or have taken before the treatment.
Keep Ketach 15.3gm Powder out of sight and reach of children. Store at room temperature 15°C - 30°C.
- Sanofi, Electronic medicines compendium (emc), [ Revised on Sept 2020] [ Accessed on 17th June 2021], https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/files/pil.1439.pdf
- Yosuke Nakayama et al; Compared effects of calcium and sodium polystyrene sulfonate on mineral and bone metabolism and volume overload in pre-dialysis patients with hyperkalemia; Clinical and Experimental Nephrology; Published on Feb 2018; Accessed on 17/06/2021; https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/28421299/
- Mi-Yeon Yu et al; Long-term efficacy of oral calcium polystyrene sulfonate for hyperkalemia in CKD patients; PLoS One; Published on 22/03/2017; Accessed on 17/06/2021; https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28328954
How to use Ketach 15.3gm Powder:
Always take Ketach 15.3gm Powder exactly as your doctor has told you. It can be taken by mouth or in the rectum (back passage). If you have to take it by mouth, the powder can be swallowed with water, or it can be made into a paste with honey or jam. Do not mix it with orange juice or fruit juice which contains potassium. If you take it by mouth, sit up while taking this medicine to prevent the accidental inhalation of powder. If it is given by back passage, you must try to keep the medicine in the rectum for at least 9 hours.
Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to get pregnant before taking Ketach 15.3gm Powder. It will be given to you if clearly needed.
Inform your doctor if you are breastfeeding before taking Ketach 15.3gm Powder.
You should inform your doctor if you have any kidney problems before taking Ketach 15.3gm Powder.
- Inform your doctor if you have constipation, severe burns, heart problems before taking Ketach 15.3gm Powder.
Side effects are unwanted symptoms caused by medicines. Even though all medicines cause side effects, not everyone gets them.
- Severe allergic reactions
- Blood in your vomit or black stools
- Nausea, vomiting
- Loss of appetite
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.