LENVIMA 10MG CAPSULE
LENVATINIBManufacturer : EISAI PHARMACEUTICALS INDIA PVT LTDOrigin of Medicine : Japan
Buy 1, get 1 Free. Contact us for latest updates.
Buy 1, get 1 Free. Contact us for latest updates.
Lenvima 10mg Capsule is composed of the active ingredient Lenvatinib. It is a tyrosine kinase inhibitor indicated for progressive or advanced thyroid cancer when radioactive iodine therapy is not beneficial. It is also used to treat previously untreated liver cancer patients who are not eligible for surgical treatment.
Anaplastic Thyroid Carcinoma (Advanced thyroid cancer) usually occurs in patients above 60 years of age. It is characterized by an enlarged and hard thyroid gland and hoarseness in the voice due to paralysis of the nerve in the voice box. Hepatocellular carcinoma (liver cancer) develops due to preexisting liver conditions such as cirrhosis or chronic hepatitis B infection.
Lenvima 10 mg uses:
Lenvima 10mg Capsule is indicated to treat the following conditions:
- Certain types of advanced thyroid cancer
- Advanced Liver cancer
- Endometrial cancer
How Lenvima 10mg Capsule works:
Lenvima Capsule blocks the enzyme receptor tyrosine kinases (RTKs). RTKs develop new blood vessels that supply oxygen and nutrients to the cells and help them grow. This medicine inhibits the receptors that facilitate the growth of blood vessels in tumour cells. RTKs are present in high concentrations in cancer cells, and administration of this medicine slows down the rate of cancer cells’ growth and multiplication.
Interaction with other drugs:
Inform your doctor about any medications you are taking or have taken before the treatment.
Store below 25˚C. Keep the capsules away from the sight and reach of children. Store in the original packaging to protect from moisture.
- Eisai Europe Limited, Electronic Medicines Compendium (EMC), [Revised on Mar 2021] [Accessed on 29th Jun 2021], https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/files/pil.6840.pdf
- Eisai Inc., [Revised on Aug 2021] [Accessed on 28th Dec 2021], https://www.lenvima.com/-/media/Project/EIsai/Lenvima/PDF/prescribing-information.pdf?v=2020-11-12
- Suyama and Iwase, Lenvatinib: A promising molecular targeted agent for multiple cancers, Cancer Control, 2018, 25, 1-5, https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6056795/pdf/10/1177 1073274818789361.pdf
- Q.M. Anstee, D.E.J. Jones, Liver and Biliary Tract Disease, Davidson’s Principles and Practice of Medicine, 22nd Edition, 2014, 921-988.
- M.W.J. Strachan, J. Newell-Price, Endocrine disease, Davidson’s Principles & Practice of Medicine, 22nd Edition, 2014, 733-796.
How to use Lenvima 10mg Capsule:
Swallow the capsules with water or consume them after dissolving in one tablespoon of water or apple juice. Your physician will prescribe a dose according to your body weight.
Lenvima 10 mg could cause serious fetal harm. Inform your physician before starting this treatment if you are pregnant or think you might be pregnant.
Breastfeeding during this treatment may not be safe. Your physician might suggest you to stop breastfeeding for some time, depending on your condition.
Inform your physician before starting this treatment if you have liver diseases. Your physician will monitor your liver functions before this treatment.
Inform your physician before starting this treatment if you have kidney diseases. Your physician will monitor your kidney functions before this treatment.
Avoid driving or operating machines if you experience dizziness or tiredness.
- Before starting this treatment, talk to your physician if you have a heart problem, high BP, or recently had a stroke.
- Inform your physician if you are above 75 years of age.
- Inform your physician if you have had a recent surgery or are about to undergo a surgical procedure shortly.
- Inform your physician if you have pain, sores or numbness of mouth, teeth or jaw.
- Your physician will monitor your thyroid gland function before starting this treatment.
- If you are of reproductive age, use an effective method of contraception for at least a month after the last dose of this treatment.
- Inform your physician if you experience allergic reactions to Lenvatinib or its ingredients.
Side effects are unwanted symptoms caused by medicines. Even though all drugs cause side effects, not everyone gets them.
- Feeling numb or weak on 1 side of the body
- Severe headache
- Difficulty speaking
- Vision changes
- Chest pain or pressure
- Pain in arms, jaw, neck, back
- Breathing problems
- Severe stomach pain
- Blood clot formation
- Blood in stools or coughing blood
- Liver problems
- Pain or soreness in mouth, teeth or jaw
- High or low BP
- Loss of appetite
- Nausea, vomiting, constipation, diarrhea or indigestion
- Hoarse voice
- Leg swelling
- Pain in joints or muscles
- Hair loss
- Protein in urine, frequent urination
- Low potassium, magnesium and calcium levels in the blood
- Skin problems
- Gall bladder inflammation
- Increase in the values of cholesterol, thyroid-stimulating hormone, digestive enzymes
- Delayed wound healing
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.