LEUPROSTA DEPOT 22.5MG INJECTION
LEUPROLIDE ACETATEManufacturer : ALKEM LABORATORIES LTDOrigin of Medicine : India
Buy 4 vials, get 1 vial free
Buy 4 vials, get 1 vial free
Leuprosta Depot 22.5mg Injection is a hormone therapy containing the active constituent leuprolide acetate. It is used to treat prostate cancer in men. Cancer is a disorder in which cells multiply in an uncontrolled and abnormal manner. This medicine is used to treat hormone-responsive breast cancer, uterine fibroids (noncancerous growths of the uterus) and endometriosis in women. Endometriosis is a painful illness in which the tissue that normally lines the inside of the uterus grows outside of your uterus.
Leuprosta Depot 22.5mg Injection is also used in the treatment of central precocious puberty (a child’s body begins to change into an adult too soon caused by a release of certain hormones) in children. Talk to your doctor if you have diabetes, heart disorders, depression, or if you are at increased risk of thinning of bones (osteoporosis) which can be caused due to excessive alcohol consumption, smoking heavily, taking steroids for a long time, or epilepsy.
It is contraindicated in pregnant and breastfeeding women and patients with abnormal vaginal bleeding. If you are a woman of child-bearing age, use non-hormonal contraceptives while taking Leuprosta Depot 22.5mg Injection. If you are a man with urinary obstruction or had an operation to remove your testicles, you should tell your doctor.
Uses of Leuprosta Depot 22.5mg Injection:
- Prostate cancer
- Hormone responsive breast cancer in perimenopausal (around menopause) women
- Uterine fibroids
- Central precocious puberty
How Leuprosta Depot 22.5mg Injection works:
Leuprosta Depot 22.5mg Injection works by reducing the levels of sex hormones testosterone and estrogen circulating in the body.
Interactions with other drugs:
Inform your doctor about any medications you are taking or have taken before the treatment.
- Keep Leuprosta Depot 22.5mg Injection out of sight and reach of children.
- Do not store above 25°C.
- Goodman & Gilman’s, The Pharmacological Basis of Therapeutics, Introduction to Endocrinology: The hypothalamic pituitary axis, 12th edition, 2011, 1122.
- KD Tripathi, Essentials of Medical Pharmacology, Anterior pituitary hormones, 7th edition, 2013, 243.
- Takeda UK Limited, Electronic medicines compendium (emc), [ Revised on Aug 2020] [ Accessed on 24th June 2021], https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/files/pil.4651.pdf
- Abbott Laboratories, US Food and Drug Administration, [Issued on Dec 2008] [ Accessed on 24th June 2021], https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/label/2010/019010s033,019732s031s035s036,020517s024s028s029lbl.pdf
How to use Leuprosta Depot 22.5mg Injection:
It will be given to you by a doctor or nurse.
Leuprosta Depot 22.5mg Injection is contraindicated in pregnant women. Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to get pregnant before taking this medication.
Leuprosta Depot 22.5mg Injection is contraindicated in breastfeeding women. Inform your doctor if you are breastfeeding before taking this medication.
Leuprosta Depot 22.5mg Injection can cause drowsiness, visual disturbances, or dizziness. Avoid driving if you are unwell.
- If you are a woman and continue to have periods after starting treatment, tell your doctor immediately.
- Inform your doctor if you have heart disorders, diabetes, or osteoporosis.
Side effects are unwanted symptoms caused by medicines. Even though all medicines cause side effects, not everyone gets them.
- Altered blood sugar and cholesterol levels
- Injection site reactions
- Difficulty sleeping, headache
- Mood swings, depression
- Weight changes
- Nausea, vomiting
- Vaginal dryness, bleeding
- Loss of interest in sexual intercourse
- Hot flushes
- Bone pain, muscle weakness
- Breast tenderness
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.