MESAHENZ 1200MG TABLET
MESALAZINEManufacturer : LA RENON HEALTHCARE PVT LTDOrigin of Medicine : India
Mesahenz 1200mg Tablet contains mesalazine. It is used to treat ulcerative colitis and Crohn’s ileo-colitis. Ulcerative colitis is a disease of the colon (large bowel) and rectum (back passage) in which the lining of the bowel becomes inflamed resulting in rectal bleeding, abdominal pain, and frequent diarrhea. Crohn’s ileo-colitis is a disease of terminal ileum (small bowel) in which the lining of the bowel becomes sore and swollen, resulting in ulcers, abscesses, and narrowing in the bowel.
Before taking this medication, you need to tell if you have kidney disorders, allergic conditions, or intolerance to some sugars. Mesahenz 1200mg Tablet is not recommended for children under 2 years of age. Make sure you inform your physician of all the medicines, including supplements and herbal medicines, you are taking before you start treatment with this medication.
Uses of Mesahenz 1200mg Tablet:
- Ulcerative colitis
- Crohn’s ileo-colitis
How Mesahenz 1200mg Tablet works:
It inhibits cyclooxygenase enzyme and prostaglandin (substances responsible for inflammation) production in the colon and reduces inflammation.
Interactions with other drugs:
Inform your doctor about any medications you are taking or have taken before the treatment.
- Keep Mesahenz 1200mg Tablet out of sight and reach of children.
- Store below 25°C.
- Goodman & Gilman’s, The Pharmacological Basis of Therapeutics, Pharmacotherapy of inflammatory bowel disease, 12th edition, 2011, 1355.
- KD Tripathi, Essentials of Medical Pharmacology, Drugs for constipation and diarrhea, 7th edition, 2013, 684.
- 3.Allergan Pharmaceuticals, Electronic medicines compendium (emc), [ Revised on Oct 2020] [ Accessed on 7th July 2021], https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/files/pil.2217.pdf
How to use Mesahenz 1200mg Tablet:
Always take Mesahenz 1200mg Tablet exactly as your doctor has told you. Swallow the tablets as a whole with water. Do not chew or crush the tablets. Drink plenty of fluids during the treatment with this medicine.
Mesahenz 1200mg Tablet is not recommended for pregnant women. Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to get pregnant before taking this medicine.
Mesahenz 1200mg Tablet is not recommended for breastfeeding women. Inform your doctor if you are breastfeeding before taking this medicine.
You need to tell your doctor if you have any liver disorders before taking Mesahenz 1200mg Tablet. Your doctor will monitor your liver condition before starting the treatment.
This medicine is not recommended for patients with severe kidney impairment. You need to tell your doctor if you have any kidney disorders before taking Mesahenz 1200mg Tablet. Your doctor will do urine and blood tests to check your kidney function before starting the treatment.
- Talk to your doctor if you have an intolerance to some sugars, as this medicine contains lactose.
Side effects are unwanted symptoms caused by medicines. Even though all medicines cause side effects, not everyone gets them.
- Unexpected nose bleeds, bleeding gums, bruising more easily
- Problems with kidney function
- Skin rash with flaking, boils or sore lips, or mouth
- Fever, sore throat
- Mouth or lip ulcers
- Spots underneath your skin
- Swollen ankles
- Abdominal pain
- Muscle pain
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.