MEXATE 10MG TABLET
METHOTREXATEManufacturer : ZYDUS CADILAOrigin of Medicine : India
Mexate 10mg Tablet contains methotrexate. It is used to treat severe psoriasis, rheumatoid arthritis, including polyarticular juvenile rheumatoid arthritis and several kinds of cancer. Psoriasis is a skin disease that causes red, scaly patches, most commonly on the knees, elbows, and scalp. Arthritis is tenderness and swelling of one or more joints. Cancer is a disorder in which cells multiply in an uncontrolled and abnormal manner.
Talk to your doctor if you have severe mouth ulcers, mental illness, gastrointestinal disorders, liver problems, kidney problems, infection, lung problems, vaccinated recently, diabetes, intolerance to sugars, or you are receiving radiotherapy before taking this medicine. Use effective birth control during the treatment and for at least 6 months after the last dose of Mexate 10mg Tablet. You must not drink alcohol while taking this medicine.
Uses of Mexate 10mg Tablet:
- Severe psoriasis
- Severe rheumatoid arthritis, including polyarticular juvenile rheumatoid arthritis
- Cancers (acute leukemias, soft tissue, and bone sarcomas, non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma, solid tumours like lung, breast, head, neck, bladder, cervical, ovarian, and testicular cancer)
How Mexate 10mg Tablet works:
Mexate 10mg Tablet inhibits the enzyme dihydrofolate reductase, blocks DNA synthesis, and stops the rapidly growing cells. It lessens the inflammation in the joints by altering the body’s defence mechanism in the immune system.
Interactions with other drugs:
Inform your doctor about any medications you are taking or have taken before the treatment.
- Keep Mexate 10mg Tablet out of sight and reach of children.
- Do not store above 25°C.
- Goodman & Gilman’s, The Pharmacological Basis of Therapeutics, Pharmacotherapy of inflammatory bowel disease, 12th edition, 2011, 1358.
- KD Tripathi, Essentials of Medical Pharmacology, Antirheumatoid and antigout drugs, 7th edition, 2013, 211.
- Mercury Pharmaceuticals Ltd, Electronic medicines compendium (emc), [ Revised on June 2018] [ Accessed on 29th June 2021], https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/files/pil.511.pdf
- DAVA Pharmaceuticals, Inc, US Food and Drug Administration, [ Revised on Jan 2016] [ Accessed on 29th June 2021], https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/label/2016/008085s066lbl.pdf
How to use Mexate 10mg Tablet:
Take Mexate 10mg Tablet in dose and duration prescribed by your doctor. Do not take more Mexate 10mg Tablet than prescribed as it may harm you. Do not crush or chew the tablets.
You must not take Mexate 10mg Tablet during pregnancy. Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to get pregnant before taking this medicine. It will be given to you if clearly needed.
Mexate 10mg Tablet should not be used during breastfeeding as it passes into the breast milk. Inform your doctor if you are breastfeeding before taking this medicine.
Mexate 10mg Tablet is contraindicated in patients with severe liver disorders. You need to tell your doctor if you have any liver disorders before taking Mexate 10mg Tablet.
Mexate 10mg Tablet is contraindicated in patients with severe kidney disorders. You need to tell your doctor if you have any kidney disorders, including conditions requiring kidney dialysis, before taking this medicine.
This medicine can cause drowsiness, blurred vision, or dizziness. You must not drive when you first start to take Mexate 10mg Tablet until you are sure that you are not getting these side effects.
- You must not drink alcohol while taking this medicine. You should tell your doctor if you suffer from a problem of excessive drinking.
- Tell your doctor if you have any intolerance to sugars or serious blood disorders.
- Inform your doctor if you have symptoms suggesting an active infectious disease (chills, fever, achiness).
- Avoid vaccination while taking this medicine.
Side effects are unwanted symptoms caused by medicines. Even though all medicines cause side effects, not everyone gets them.
- Headache, dizziness
- Anorexia (eating disorder)
- Hair loss
- Low white blood cell count
- Nausea, vomiting
- Stomach upset
- Loose stools
- Raised liver enzymes
- Skin rash with reddening of the skin
- Swelling and sores of the mouth
- Tiredness, chills, fever
- Easy bruising
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.