Did you find this information helpful?
Nabota 100IU Injection
Salt Composition : Botulinum Toxin Type A
Manufacturer : DR REDDY'S LABORATORIES LTD
Origin of Medicine : India
Introduction to Nabota 100iu Injection
Nabota 100IU injection contains an active ingredient called Botulinum Toxin Type A. It belongs to the medication class known as a neurotoxin, which partially blocks nerve impulses, reduces excessive muscle contractions, and relaxes muscles. This medicine is used for various conditions, including chronic migraine, where it may block pain signals and prevent migraines. When injected into the skin, it reduces sweat production by affecting sweat glands. When injected into the bladder wall, it prevents urinary incontinence by inhibiting uncontrolled bladder muscle contractions. This medicine treats various conditions by injecting it directly into muscles, the bladder wall, or deep into the skin. It helps with muscle spasms in children and adults, including those with cerebral palsy. It also prevents headaches in adults with chronic migraines and reduces urinary incontinence and overactive bladder symptoms. Additionally, this medicine can control excessive underarm sweating and temporarily improve the appearance of facial lines.
Do not use Nabota 100IU injection if you are allergic to Botulinum Toxin Type A or any of its ingredients. Do not consume this medicine if you are pregnant, breastfeeding, or have an active infection at the injection site. For urinary incontinence treatment, it should not be used if you have a urinary tract infection, or unable to empty the bladder without a catheter, or are unwilling to use a catheter when needed. Before starting the treatment, inform your doctor if you have a history of swallowing difficulties or aspiration of food into the lungs, especially when treating muscle spasms in the neck and shoulders. Additionally, if you are 65 years or older with underlying serious illnesses, muscle-related conditions, nervous system disorders, significant muscle weakness, or wasting. Notify your doctor if you have previous surgery in the target area, adverse reactions to injections, inflammation at the injection site, or cardiovascular disease. Report to your doctor if you have a seizure history, closed-angle glaucoma or risk factors, upcoming surgery, or are taking blood-thinning medication, consultation with a healthcare provider is recommended.
Uses of Nabota 100iu Injection
- Treatment of overactive bladder (OAB) with symptoms of urge urinary incontinence, urgency, and frequency in adults
- Prophylaxis of headaches in adult patients with chronic migraine
- Treatment of spasticity (abnormal increase in muscle) in adult patients
- Treatment of cervical dystonia in adult patients
- Treatment of severe axillary hyperhidrosis (increased amount of sweat production) in adult
- Treatment of blepharospasm (abnormal spasm of eyes) associated with dystonia in patients
- Treatment of strabismus (abnormal alignment of the eyes) in patients
Therapeutic Effects of Nabota 100iu Injection
Nabota 100IU injection interacts with proteins in the muscles and exocrine glands and blocks the release of Acetylcholine (ACh) into the space between neurons. This process inhibits cholinergic nerves' overactivity and reduces cholinergic transmission. When locally injected, it suppresses the overactive nerves and relieves spasms and neurological conditions.
Interaction of Nabota 100iu Injection with other drugs
Inform your doctor about any prescribed medications, over-the-counter medicines, nutritional or vitamin supplements, and herbal products you take or have taken before the treatment. Certain medications may interact with Nabota 100IU injection and can cause undesirable side effects.
More Information about Nabota 100iu Injection
- Keep out of sight and reach of pets and children.
- Do not freeze the medicine.
- Store in a refrigerator (2°C – 8°C), or store in a freezer (-5°C to -20°C).
How to consume Nabota 100iu Injection
Nabota 100IU injection will be administered to you by a healthcare professional in a hospital setting. It is usually injected into muscles, the bladder wall, or the skin. Your doctor will decide the dose, route of administration, and frequency based on your disease condition and other factors.
Safety Advices for Nabota 100iu Injection
It is unsafe to consume Nabota 100IU injection during pregnancy. Notify your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to get pregnant, or think you may be pregnant before starting the treatment.
It is unsafe to consume Nabota 100IU injection during breastfeeding. Notify your doctor if you are breastfeeding before starting the treatment.
It is unknown whether Nabota 100IU injection is safe for patients with lung problems. Notify your physician if you have any lung disease before starting the treatment. Contact your doctor if you experience any lung-related symptoms.
It is unknown whether Nabota 100IU injection is safe for patients with liver problems. Notify your physician if you have any liver disease before starting the treatment. Contact your doctor if you experience any liver-related symptoms.
Avoid consuming alcohol while taking Nabota 100IU injection as it can decrease blood pressure and raise side effects.
Do not drive or operate machinery because Nabota 100IU injection can cause dizziness, drowsiness, or tiredness.
Side Effects of Nabota 100iu Injection
Side effects are unwanted symptoms caused by medicines. Even though all medicines cause side effects, not everyone gets them.
- Upper respiratory infection
- Urinary tract infection
- Low urine output
- Difficulty swallowing, speaking, or breathing.
- Allergic reactions
- Irritation, pain, or bleeding at the area of injection
- A sprain in the ligament
- Pruritus, dermatitis, and rash
- Muscle weakness and pain in extremities
- Dry mouth and nausea
Word of Advice
Heart patients should take Nabota 100IU injection cautiously and inform their doctor about all the underlying medical conditions. Do not stop the medicine until your doctor advises. Possible side effects of BOTOX injections include infection, pain, swelling, sensitivity, tenderness, redness, and bleeding at the injection site. Overuse or high doses may reduce effectiveness and produce antibodies.
Reduced blinking may require additional eye care. BOTOX does not prevent headaches in episodic migraine. Eyelid drooping may occur after treatment for facial lines. Do not breastfeed or get pregnant while taking Nabota 100IU injection. Notify your doctor if you experience any serious side effects. Your medical professional will inform you if you need any dose adjustments. Contact your doctor for more information.
Q 1. How to manage the side effects of Nabota 100IU injection?
To manage the side effects of Nabota 100IU injection, apply cold compresses to injection sites for swelling and discomfort. Seek immediate medical attention if you experience muscle weakness or difficulty swallowing. Inform your healthcare provider about eyelid drooping and report any other side effects to them for guidance. Follow their instructions for personalized care.
Q 2. Can you take Nabota 100IU injection when pregnant?
It is unsafe to consume Nabota 100IU injection if you are pregnant. Consult your medical professional regarding the use of this medicine during pregnancy. The potential benefits and risks should be carefully assessed.
Q 3. What are the side effects of Nabota 100IU injection?
Common side effects of Nabota 100IU injection include irritation, pain or bleeding in the area, injection A sprain in the ligament, hypertonia, pruritus, dermatitis and rash, muscle weakness, and pain in extremities, fever, dry mouth, and nausea. It is crucial to consult your doctor for any concerns or persistent side effects.
Q 4. What conditions can be treated with Nabota 100IU injection?
Nabota 100IU injection is commonly used to treat facial wrinkles, such as frown lines and crow's feet. It is also utilized for medical purposes, including muscle spasms, chronic migraines, overactive bladder, excessive sweating, and certain neurological conditions.
Q 5. How long does it take to see results from Nabota 100IU injection injections?
The onset of results varies but typically occurs within a few days to a week after the injections. However, it may take up to two weeks for the full effect to be noticeable. Individual experiences may vary
Fact Box of Nabota 100iu Injection
|Molecule Name: Botulinum Toxin Type A||Therapeutic class: Neurology, Dermatology|
Pharmacological class: Neurotoxin
1. Treatment of overactive bladder (OAB) with symptoms of urge urinary incontinence, urgency, and frequency, in adults
2. Prophylaxis of headaches in adult patients with chronic migraine
3. Treatment of spasticity (abnormal increase in muscle) in adult patients
4. Treatment of cervical dystonia in adult patients
5. Treatment of severe axillary hyperhidrosis (increased amount of sweat production) in adult
6. Treatment of blepharospasm (abnormal spasm of eyes) associated with dystonia in patients
7. Treatment of strabismus (abnormal alignment of the eyes) in patients
- AbbVie Ltd., Electronic Medicines Compendium (EMC), [Revised on April 2023] [Accessed on 15th June 2023],*BOTOX consolidated PIL UK LL TC (medicines.org.uk)
- Allergan Pharmaceuticals Ireland, US Food and Drug Administration; [Revised on April 2017] [Accessed on 15th June 2023], BOTOX (onabotulinumtoxinA) for injection, for intramuscular (fda.gov)
- Mark S. Nestor, David Arnold, Daniel Fischer, The mechanisms of action and use of botulinum neurotoxin type A in aesthetics: Key Clinical Postulates II, Journal of Cosmetic Dermatology, 13th Aug 2020, 19:11, 2785-2804, [Accessed on 8th Apr 2021] https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/jocd.13702
MrMed’s primary intention is to ensure that its consumers get information that is reviewed by experts, accurate and trustworthy. The information and contents of this website are for informational purposes only. They are not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of your doctor and discuss all your queries related to any disease or medicine. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on MrMed. Our mission is to support, not replace, the doctor-patient relationship.
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.