NIMODRON 10MG INJECTION
NIMODIPINEManufacturer : BERNISS PHARMACEUTICALSOrigin of Medicine : India
Nimodron 10mg Injection consists of the active substance Nimodipine. It is indicated to prevent changes in brain function after bleeding around the brain, a condition known as subarachnoid haemorrhage.
Subarachnoid haemorrhage presents as a sudden, thunder-like headache that lasts for hours or even days along with other symptoms like vomiting, high BP, neck stiffness and pain. Women are at a higher risk of getting this condition, usually before the age of 65. It commonly occurs due to strain, physical exertion and sexual excitement.
Inform your physician before taking this medicine if you are under medication for high BP, ulcer, HIV, or taking antibiotics.
Uses of Nimodron 10mg Injection:
- Prevention of altered brain function due to subarachnoid haemorrhage
How Nimodron 10mg Injection works:
Nimodron 10mg Injection prevents overload of calcium in the nerves. It binds to the blood vessels in the brain and dilates them, thus increasing the blood flow. This, in turn, reduces the further possibility of complication after bleeding around the brain.
Interaction with other drugs:
Inform your doctor about any medications you are taking or have taken before the treatment.
Protect from direct sunlight during administration. Discard if the solution contains particles. Discard unused portion of the medicine.
- Bayer, Electronic Medicines Compendium (EMC), [Revised on Jun 2020] [Accessed on 28th Jul 2021], https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/files/pil.1366.pdf
- Bayer Australia Ltd., [Revised on 18th April 2017] [Accessed on 28th Jul 2021], https://resources.bayer.com.au/resources/uploads/PI/file9406.pdf
- Bertram G. Katzung, Vasodilators & the Treatment of Angina Pectoris, Lange’s Basic and Clinical Pharmacology, 14th Edition, 2018, 194-211.
- P. Langhorne, Stroke disease, Davidson’s Principles and Practice of Medicine, 22nd Edition, 2014, 1231-1247.
How to use Nimodron 10mg Injection:
Your physician will calculate the accurate dose depending on your weight and condition and inject this medicine into your vein.
Inform your physician before starting this treatment if you are pregnant or think you might be pregnant.
Consult your physician for advice before taking this medicine if you are a breastfeeding mother.
Inform your physician before starting this treatment if you have liver diseases. Your physician will monitor your liver functions regularly.
Inform your physician before starting this treatment if you have kidney diseases. Your physician will monitor your kidney functions regularly.
Avoid driving or using machinery if you feel less alert or dizzy.
- Inform your physician before taking this medicine of you have had heart problems like heart attack or angina.
- Inform your physician before taking this medicine if you have had a head injury, low BP, seizure or if you are following a restricted sodium diet.
- Inform your physician if you experience allergic reactions to Nimodipine or its ingredients.
Side effects are unwanted symptoms caused by medicines. Even though all drugs cause side effects, not everyone gets them.
- Allergic reactions
- Low BP
- Slow heart beat
- Easy bruising and bleeding
- Nausea, vomiting
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.