NINTIB 150MG CAPSULE 10'S
NINTEDANIBManufacturer : CIPLA LTDOrigin of Medicine : India
Nintib 150mg Capsule consists of the active ingredient Nintedanib. It is used to treat lung diseases namely idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis, chronic fibrosing interstitial lung disease and systemic sclerosis-associated interstitial lung disease. Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis occurs when the lung’s tissues thicken and becomes stiff, thus reducing the ability of oxygen to transfer from lungs to bloodstream. This causes difficulty in breathing.
Chronic fibrosing interstitial lung diseases like hypersensitive pneumonitis, autoimmune interstitial lung diseases, idiopathic nonspecific interstitial pneumonia, unclassifiable idiopathic interstitial pneumonia and other ILDs are caused by thickening and scarring of the lung’s tissues that worsens over time.
Systemic sclerosis is caused by scarring of tissues in various parts of the body such as the skin and internal organs. Talk to your physician if you are on blood thinning medications or if you have recently undergone surgery.
Uses of Nintib 150mg Capsule:
Nintib 150mg Capsule is indicated to treat the following conditions:
- Lung disease called idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis.
- Chronic fibrosing lung diseases with a progressive phenotype
- Systemic sclerosis
How Nintib 150mg Capsule works:
Nintib 150mg Capsule works by inhibiting multiple receptor tyrosine kinases (RTKs) and non-receptor tyrosine kinases (nRTKs). It interferes with the production and migration of fibroblasts that are responsibe for scars in the lungs and affects its signaling. This helps to reduce further scarring and stiffening of the lungs.
Interaction with other drugs:
Inform your doctor about any medications you are taking or have taken before the treatment.
Store below 25°C, excursions permitted from 15°C to 30°C. Protect from light and moisture. Keep out of reach and sight of children.
- Boehringer Ingelheim, Electronics Medicines Compendium (EMC), [Revised on Aug 2021] [Accessed on 29th Dec 2021], https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/files/pil.1786.pdf
- Boehringer Ingelheim, U.S. Food and Drug Administration, [Revised on Mar 2020], [Accessed on 29th Dec 2021], https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/label/2020/205832s013lbl.pdf
- Lutz Wollin et al., Mode of action of Nintib 150mg Capsule in the treatment of idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis, Eur Respir J. 2015 May; 45(5): 1434–1445. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4416110/
How to use Nintib 150mg Capsule:
Swallow the whole capsules with water and do not chew or crush them.
Nintib 150mg Capsule is not intended for use during pregnancy. Consult your physician for advice.
Breastfeeding while on this treatment could harm the breast-fed child. Consult your physician for advice.
Inform your physician if you have liver problems. Your physician will decide whether you may receive this medication after monitoring your liver functions.
Inform your physician if you have kidney problems. Your physician will decide whether you may receive this medication after monitoring your kidney functions.
You should not drive or use machines if you are feeling sick.
- Inform your physician if you have bleeding problems, high BP, heart problems or weak blood vessels.
- Inform your physician if you experience allergic reactions to Nintedanib, peanut or soya.
- Inform your physician if you have recently undergone a surgery as this medicine affects the process of wound healing.
- Consult your physician and use an effective method of contraception while on this treatment.
Side effects are unwanted symptoms caused by medicines. Even though all drugs cause side effects, not everyone gets them.
- Myocardial Infarction
- Major bleeding
- Yellow eyes, dark urine, pain at the upper right side of the stomach
- Severe stomach cramps, bloating, fever and chills
- Chest pressure or pain at the left side of the body
- Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea
- Altered liver function values
- Decreased appetite
- Weight loss
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.