ESTRADIOLManufacturer : BHARAT SERUMS & VACCINES LTDOrigin of Medicine : India
Oestrogel contains estradiol. Estradiol is used in postmenopausal women to relieve the symptoms which occur after menopause (such as hot flushes, mood swings, and vaginal dryness) and to prevent osteoporosis (fragile bones). This medicine should not be used if you have cancer of the breast or womb lining, excessive thickening of the womb lining, blood clot disorders, unexplained vaginal bleeding, heart diseases, liver problems, or porphyria (a rare blood problem).
Talk to your physician if you have asthma, diabetes, seizures, gall stones, severe headaches, high blood pressure, otosclerosis (disorder affecting eardrum and hearing), or immune system disorder (systemic lupus erythematosus) before using Oestrogel. Inform your physician about all the medications you are taking recently, including supplements and herbal medicines, before taking Oestrogel.
Uses of Oestrogel:
Oestrogel used in postmenopausal women:
- To relieve symptoms that occur after menopause
- Prevent osteoporosis
How Oestrogel works:
Menopausal symptoms are caused by a drop in oestrogen levels in a woman’s body. Estradiol replaces the oestrogen (female sex hormone) and prevents the symptoms of menopause.
Interactions with other drugs:
Inform your doctor about any medications you are taking or have taken before the treatment.
- Keep Oestrogel out of sight and reach of children.
- KD Tripathi, Essentials of Medical Pharmacology, Estrogens, progestins, and contraceptives, 7th edition, 2013, 306 - 310.
- Besins Healthcare, Electronic medicines compendium (emc), [Revised on May 2020] [ Accessed on 26th July 2021], https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/files/pil.353.pdf
- Ascend Therapeutics, US Food and Drug Administration, [Revised on Jan 2014] [ Accessed on 26th July 2021], https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/label/2014/021166s010lbl.pdf
How to use Oestrogel:
Always use Oestrogel exactly as your physician has told you. Clean your hands and the affected area where you are going to apply the gel. Apply the gel. It is for external use only.
Oestrogel is not recommended for pregnant women. Consult your physician if you have any doubts.
It is not recommended for breastfeeding women. Consult your physician if you have any doubts.
Oestrogel is contraindicated in patients with liver diseases. You need to tell your doctor if you have any liver disorders before taking this medicine.
- Consult your physician if you have blood diseases, heart problems, cancer, unexplained vaginal bleeding, porphyria, or excessive thickening of the womb lining before using Oestrogel.
Side effects are unwanted symptoms caused by medicines. Even though all medicines cause side effects, not everyone gets them.
- Painful periods, heavier or last longer than usual
- White or yellow vaginal discharge
- Breast pain
- Hair loss
- Stomach cramps, bloating
- Nausea, vomiting
- Vaginal yeast infection
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.