PAMORELIN LA 22.5MG INJECTION
TRIPTORELINManufacturer : DR REDDY'S LABORATORIES LTDOrigin of Medicine : India
Pamorelin LA 22.5mg Injection is an anti cancer medicine consisting of the active ingredient Triptorelin. It is indicated for prostate cancer treatment in men and early onset puberty in children aged 2 years and above. Early puberty refers to the condition where girls below 8 years and boys below 10 years of age attain puberty.
This medicine is similar to the gonadotropin-releasing hormone produced by the body. It is a part of androgen deprivation therapy and is used along with other cancer treatments like radiotherapy and surgery. This medicine has the tendency to increase blood glucose levels, hence tell your physician if you have diabetes and get your blood sugar levels checked regularly.
Uses of Pamorelin LA 22.5mg injection:
Pamorelin 22.5 mg Injection is indicated to treat the following conditions:
- Prostate cancer in men
- Early onset puberty in children 2 years of age and older (Precocious puberty)
How Pamorelin LA 22.5mg injection works:
Pamorelin LA 22.5mg Inj works by binding to the gonadotropin receptors released by the pituitary gland. It deprives the body of androgens and ultimately lowers the testosterone levels in men and estrogen levels in women.
Interactions with other drugs
Inform your doctor about any medications you are taking before starting treatment with Pamorelin LA 22.5mg injection.
Store at or below 30˚C.
- Ipsen Limited, Electronic Medicines Compendium (EMC), [Revised on Jun 2017] [Accessed on 8th Dec 2021], https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/files/pil.5906.pdf
- Allergan, US Food & Drug Administration, [Revised on Dec 2018] [Accessed on 8th Dec 2021], https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/label/2018/020715s040,021288s035,022427s015lbl.pdf
- Claudine Isaacs, Anton Wellstein, and Anna T. Riegel, Hormones and Related Agents in the Therapy of Cancer, Goodman & Gilman’s Pharmacological Basis of Therapeutics, 13th Edition, 2018, 1237-1247.
How to use Pamorelin LA 22.5 mg:
Follow the exact dosage prescribed by your doctor.
This medicine is not safe to be used in pregnancy. Consult with your doctor for advice.
Your physician might suggest you to not breastfeed during this treatment. Discuss with your physician before taking this medicine if you are a breastfeeding mother.
Discuss with your physician before taking this medicine if you have liver problems.
Discuss with your physician before taking this medicine if you have kidney problems.
You should not drive or operate machines if you feel dizzy, tired or have blurred vision.
Before you take this medicine, tell your physician if you are allergic to Triptorelin or its ingredients.
- Inform your physician if you have diabetes, High BP, bone disorders, etc. Consult your physician if you have blood vessel conditions or heart problems.
Side Effects are unwanted symptoms caused by medicines. Although all medicines cause side effects; not everyone gets them.
- Swallowing or breathing trouble
- Increased lymphocyte count in the blood
- Swelling of lips, tongue or throat
- Hot flushes
- Excessive sweating
- Back pain
- Dry mouth
- Pain, bruising, redness at the injection site
- High blood pressure
- Weight gain
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.