POSOXIL GR 100MG TABLET
POSACONAZOLEManufacturer : HETERO HEALTHCARE LTDOrigin of Medicine : India
Posoxil GR 100mg Tablet consists of the active ingredient Posaconazole. It is an antifungal agent used to treat invasive Aspergillus and Candida infections in severely immunocompromised patients, such as Hemopoietic Stem cell Transplant recipients with Graft versus host disease or those with blood cancer with prolonged neutropenia from chemotherapy. It effectively treats fungal infections when other antifungal medicines did not show improvement or had to be stopped in the middle of the course of treatment.
Uses of Posoxil GR 100mg Tablet:
Posoxil GR 100mg Tablet is indicated to prevent and treat fungal infections under the following circumstances:
- When other antifungal medicines did not show improvement
- When other antifungal treatments had to be stopped
How Posoxil GR 100mg Tablet works:
Posoxil GR 100mg Tablet inhibits the synthesis of ergosterol by binding and inhibiting the lanosterol-14alpha-demethylase, which is present in almost all fungi as a key component of the fungal cell membrane. It stops the activity of organisms that cause fungal infections.
Interaction with other drugs:
Inform your physician regarding any medicines you are taking or have taken before the treatment.
This medicine does not require any special storage conditions.
- Accord Healthcare Ltd., [Revised on Oct 2021] [Accessed on 4th Jan 2022], https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/files/pil.11009.pdf
- L. Chen et al., Pharmacokinetics and Pharmacodynamics of Posaconazole, Drugs, 2020, 80:671–695, https://link.springer.com/content/pdf/10.1007/s40265-020-01306-y.pdf
How to use Posoxil GR 100mg Tablet:
Take this tablet exactly as prescribed by your doctor. Consult your healthcare provider if you are unsure.
Do not take this tablet while you are pregnant unless adviced by your doctor.
It is not recommended to breastfeed during this treatment. Consult your physician for advice before taking this tablet if you are a breastfeeding mother.
Seek advice from your physician before taking this medicine if you have liver problems.
Seek advice from your physician before taking this medicine if you have kidney problems.
This medicine might interrupt in your ability to use machines or tools. Do not drive or operate heavy tools if you feel dizzy or sick.
- Tell your physician before consuming Posoxil GR 100mg Tablet if you are allergic to Posaconazole or other antifungal medicines.
- Tell your physician before taking this tablet if you have heart problems or other medical conditions.
Side effects are unwanted symptoms caused by medicines. Even though all medications cause side effects, not everyone gets them.
- Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea
- Liver problems
- Allergic reactions
- Numbness or tingling
- Electrolyte imbalance
- High blood pressure
- Loss of appetite
- Stomach pain
- Rashes, itching
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.