PRUGONIST 1MG TABLET
PRUCALOPRIDEManufacturer : MYLAN PHARMACEUTICALS PVT LTDOrigin of Medicine : India
Prugonist 1mg Tablet consists of the active substance Prucalopride. It is used to treat chronic constipation of unknown causes. It is indicated in people who did not respond well to laxatives.
Constipation of unknown cause or idiopathic constipation usually occurs in young women. It often begins in childhood and adolescence. The cause is unknown but is associated with inappropriate contraction of anal muscles and low motor activity in the intestine, especially the colon.
This tablet is not intended for use in children and adolescents below the age of 18 years. Inform your physician before starting this treatment if you have intestinal problems like inflammation, obstruction or perforation. Report to your healthcare practitioner immediately if you experience symptoms like pounding heart, depression or suicidal thoughts during this treatment.
Uses of Prugonist 1mg Tablet:
- Treatment of chronic constipation of unknown cause
How Prugonist 1mg Tablet works:
Prugonist 1mg Tablet acts on the muscle walls of the intestine and helps restore the normal functioning of the bowel. It activates the serotonin receptors in the intestine and enhances contraction in the colon. This improves bowel motility and stool frequency.
Interaction with other drugs:
Inform your physician regarding any medicines you are taking or have taken before the treatment.
Store at a temperature below 25°C. Protect from light.
- Dexcel®-Pharma Ltd., Electronic Medicines Compendium (EMC), [Revised on Oct 2020] [Accessed on 30th Jul 2021], https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/files/pil.12622.pdf
- Shire US Inc., US Food & Drug Administration, [Revised on Dec 2018] [Accessed on 30th Jul 2021], https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/label/2018/210166s000lbl.pdf
- KD Tripathi, Drugs for Constipation and Diarrhoea, Essentials of Medical Pharmacology, 8th Edition, 2019, 721-738.
- I.D. Penman, C.W. Lees, Alimentary tract and pancreatic disease, Davidson’s Principles and Practice of Medicine, 22nd Edition, 2014, 837-920.
How to use Prugonist 1mg Tablet:
Take this tablet with or without food or use as directed by your physician.
This medicine is not intended for use during pregnancy. Inform your physician before starting this treatment if you are pregnant or think you might be pregnant.
Consult your physician for advice before taking this medicine if you are a breastfeeding mother.
Inform your physician before starting this treatment if you have liver diseases. Your physician will prescribe according to your condition.
Inform your physician before starting this treatment if you have kidney diseases or on dialysis treatment. Your physician will prescribe according to your condition.
This medicine could cause dizziness or tiredness, especially on the first day of treatment. Avoid driving or using machinery if you experience such symptoms.
Inform your physician if you experience allergic reactions to Prucalopride or its ingredients.
- Inform your physician before starting this treatment if you have intestinal disorders like perforation or obstruction and diseases like Crohn’s disease or ulcerative colitis.
- Inform your physician before starting this treatment if you have been told that you are intolerant to some sugars.
- Inform your physician before starting this treatment if you have lung disease, heart problems, AIDS, cancer, mental health disorder or hormonal problems.
Side effects are unwanted symptoms caused by medicines. Even though all drugs cause side effects, not everyone gets them.
- Pounding heart
- Depression and suicidal thoughts
- Stomach pain
- Decreased appetite
- Abnormal bowel sounds
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.