RHOCLONE 150MG INJECTION
ANTI RH D IMMUNOGLOBULINManufacturer : BHARAT SERUMS & VACCINES LTDOrigin of Medicine : India
Rhoclone 150mcg Injection contains particular proteins isolated from human blood plasma. These proteins are a type of antibody. The active ingredient of this medicine is an antibody called anti-D (Rh) immunoglobulin which works against the Rhesus factor. Rhesus factors are a characteristic of red blood cells. People with Rhesus factor D in their blood are known as Rh positive, and those who do not have Rhesus factor D are known as Rh-negative.
When an Rh-negative mother is carrying an Rh-positive baby, the mother's antibodies cross the placenta and attacks the blood cells of the baby, resulting in haemolytic disease.
Uses of Rhoclone 150mcg Injection:
Rhoclone 150mcg Injection is used to prevent complications in the following conditions:
- When an Rh-negative person accidentally receives Rh-positive blood through blood transfusion.
- When an Rh negative pregnant women carries a baby that is Rh positive.
- Prevention of haemolytic disease in newborn babies.
How Rhoclone 150mcg Injection works:
This injection suppresses the immune system in Rh-negative individuals. The anti-Rh D immunoglobulins in this medicine will destroy the foreign Rh(D) positive red blood cells immediately. Therefore, the person's immune system will not be prompted to build its own antibodies.
Interaction with other drugs:
Inform your physician regarding any medicines you are taking or have taken before the treatment.
Store in a refrigerator at 2-8°C. Do not freeze.
- Athina L. Yoham, Damian Casadesus, [Revised on 27th May 2021] [Accessed on 3rd Jan 2022], https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK557884/
- CSL Behring GmbH, [Revised on Jun 2019] [Accessed on 3rd Jan 2022], https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/files/pil.6791.pdf
- CSL Behring (NZ) Ltd, [Revised on Jun 2021] [Accessed on 3rd Jan 2022], https://www.medsafe.govt.nz/profs/Datasheet/r/RhDimmunoglobulinVFinj.pdf
How to use Rhoclone 150mcg Injection:
Your physician will inject this medicine directly into your muscle or vein.
Before you take this medicine, tell your physician if you are pregnant or think you might be pregnant.
Consult your physician for advice before taking this medicine if you are a breastfeeding mother.
Discuss with your doctor before taking this medicine if you have liver problems.
Discuss with your doctor before taking this medicine if you have kidney problems.
- Tell your physician if your body mass index is above 30 or if you are diagnosed with a blood disorder. In such cases, your physician will inject this medicine into your vein.
- Tell your healthcare provider if you have low levels of IgA so that they can evaluate the benefits and risks before injecting this medicine to you.
- This injection is not intended for Rh-positive individuals and those who are already immunized to Rh D antigen.
- Tell your physician before receiving this injection if you are allergic to human immunoglobulins or any other ingredients of this medicine.
Side effects are unwanted symptoms caused by medicines. Even though all medications cause side effects, not everyone gets them.
- Allergic reactions
- Skin problems
- Chest tightness
- Joint pain
- Fever and chills
- Feeling unwell
- Headache ,
- Skin redness, itching
- Muscle pain
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.