SOVIHEP V TABLET
SOFOSBUVIR,VELPATASVIRManufacturer : ZYDUS CADILAOrigin of Medicine : India
Sovihep V Tablet is a combination antiviral medication containing Sofosbuvir 400mg and Velpatasvir 100mg. It is used to treat chronic hepatitis C in patients aged six years and older and weighing at least 17 kg. Hepatitis C is a liver infection caused by the hepatitis C virus (HCV). Talk to your doctor if you ever had hepatitis B virus infection, severe kidney problems, HIV – 1 infection, irregular heartbeats, and diabetes before taking this medicine. Administration of this medicine can reactivate the hepatitis B virus and cause serious liver problems. Your physician will perform blood tests to check for hepatitis B virus infection. It is important not to miss a dose of Sovihep V Tablet.
Uses of Sovihep V Tablet:
- To treat chronic hepatitis C virus (HCV) infection
How Sovihep V Tablet works:
Sofosbuvir and Velpatasvir work together by inhibiting HCV NS5B RNA-dependant RNA polymerase and HCV NS5A protein respectively. These proteins are required for viral replication.
Interactions with other drugs:
Inform your doctor about any medications you are taking or have taken before the treatment.
- Keep Sovihep V Tablet out of sight and reach of children.
- Store below 30°C.
- Gilead Sciences Ltd, Electronic medicines compendium (emc), [ Revised on Jan 2021] [ Accessed on 22nd June 2021], https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/files/pil.7294.pdf
- Gilead Sciences Inc, US Food and Drug Administration, [ Revised on Aug 2017] [ Accessed on 11th June 2021], https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/label/2017/208341s007lbl.pdf
- Sarah L Greig; Sofosbuvir/Velpatasvir: A Review in Chronic Hepatitis C; Drugs; Published on Oct 2016; Accessed on 22/06/2021; https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/27730529/
How to use Sovihep V Tablet:
Take Sovihep V Tablet in dose and duration prescribed by your doctor. This medication can be taken with or without food. Do not crush or split the tablet as it has a very bitter taste. Do not skip or miss doses.
Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to get pregnant before taking this medication. It will be given to you if clearly needed. This medicine is sometimes used together with ribavirin. Ribavirin can harm your unborn baby. Use effective birth control during the treatment and for six months after stopping treatment if you take ribavirin along with Sovihep V Tablet.
Do not breastfeed while taking Sovihep V Tablet. Inform your doctor if you are breastfeeding before taking this medicine.
You need to tell your doctor if you have or ever had any liver disorders, especially hepatitis B, as the virus can get reactivated during the treatment with Sovihep V Tablet.
You need to tell your doctor if you have severe kidney problems or you are on dialysis before taking Sovihep V Tablet.
- Inform your doctor if you have irregular heartbeats or diabetes.
Side effects are unwanted symptoms caused by medicines. Even though all medicines cause side effects, not everyone gets them.
- Hepatitis B virus reactivation
- Slow heart rate
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.