STREPTOLEV 15,00,000IU INJECTION
STREPTOKINASEManufacturer : LEVIM BIOTECH LLPOrigin of Medicine : India
Streptolev 15,00,000IU Injection contains the active constituent streptokinase. It is used to dissolve blood clots that may form in the blood vessels of the lungs, legs, etc. It is used to treat acute myocardial infarction (heart attack – sudden blockage of blood supply to the heart muscle). Before taking Streptolev 15,00,000IU Injection, you need to talk to your physician if you have blood disorders, pancreas problems, liver disorders, kidney disorders, ulcers, have had recent trauma, or major operations. Make sure you inform your physician of all the medications, including herbal medications and supplements, you are taking before you start treatment with this medication.
Uses of Streptolev 15,00,000IU Injection:
- Treatment of blood clots in blood vessels (especially after a heart attack)
How Streptolev 15,00,000IU Injection works:
Streptolev 15,00,000IU Injection cleaves the plasminogen to produce the enzyme plasmin, which breaks the links in the blood clots and dissolves them and facilitates the blood supply to the affected part.
Interactions with other drugs:
Inform your doctor about any medications you are taking or have taken before the treatment.
- Keep Streptolev 15,00,000IU Injection out of sight and reach of children.
- Do not store above 25°C. Do not freeze.
- KD Tripathi, Essentials of Medical Pharmacology, Drugs affecting Coagulation, bleeding and thrombosis, 7th edition, 2013, 626.
- Biofactor GmbH, Electronic medicines compendium (emc), [Revised on July 2015] [ Accessed on 15th Jan 2022], https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/product/4256/smpc#gref
- Nikhil Sikri, Amit Bardia; A History of Streptokinase Use in Acute Myocardial Infarction; Texas Heart Institute; Published on 2007; Accessed on 15/01/2022; https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1995058/#__ffn_sectitle
- Adinarayana Kunamneni, Thaer Taleb Abed Abdelghani, Poluri Ellaiah; Streptokinase--the drug of choice for thrombolytic therapy; Journal of Thrombosis and Thrombolysis; Published on Feb 2007; Accessed on 15/01/2022; https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/17111203/
How to use Streptolev 15,00,000IU Injection:
It will be given to you by your health care professional.
Streptolev 15,00,000IU Injection is contraindicated in pregnant women. You need to talk to your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to get pregnant before taking this medicine.
You need to talk to your doctor if you are breastfeeding before taking Streptolev 15,00,000IU Injection.
Streptolev 15,00,000IU Injection is contraindicated in patients with severe liver disorders. Before taking this medicine, you need to talk to your doctor if you have any liver disorders.
Streptolev 15,00,000IU Injection is contraindicated in patients with severe kidney disorders. Before taking this medicine, you need to talk to your doctor if you have any kidney disorders.
- Talk to your physician if you have blood disorders, pancreas problems, ulcer, have had recent trauma, or major operations.
Side effects are unwanted symptoms caused by medicines. Even though all medicines cause side effects, not everyone gets them.
- Allergic reactions (itching, flushing, rash, swelling)
- Nausea, vomiting
- Back pain, muscle pain
- Fever chills
- Low blood pressure
- Irregular heartbeat
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.