SULBAMED 2GM INJECTION
SULBACTAMManufacturer : UNITED BIOTECH PVT LTDOrigin of Medicine : India
Sulbamed 2gm Injection contains sulbactam. It is used in combination with certain antibiotics to treat moderate to severe bacterial infections such as abdominal infections, skin, and soft tissue infections, gynecological infections, etc. Sulbactam alone is effective in the treatment of gonorrhea (sexually transmitted infection).
Talk to your physician if you have any diseases or allergic conditions before taking Sulbamed 2gm Injection. Diarrhea is a common problem associated with the administration of antibiotics, which usually ends when the treatment is stopped. Inform your physician if you have any watery or bloody stools while taking this medicine.
Uses of Sulbamed 2gm Injection:
- Treats bacterial infections
How Sulbamed 2gm Injection works:
Beta-lactamases are the enzymes produced by bacteria that provide resistance to certain antibiotics and weaken their antibacterial action. Sulbactam is a beta-lactamase inhibitor, which ensures antibiotic activity against beta-lactamase producing bacteria. Sulbactam binds this enzyme and does not allow it to interact with the antibiotics.
Interactions with other drugs:
Inform your doctor about any medications you are taking or have taken before the treatment.
- Keep Sulbamed 2gm Injection out of sight and reach of children.
- Store below 30°C.
- Goodman & Gilman’s, The Pharmacological Basis of Therapeutics, Penicillins, cephalosporins, and other beta-lactam antibiotics, 12th edition, 2011, 1501.
- KD Tripathi, Essentials of Medical Pharmacology, Beta-lactam antibiotics, 7th edition, 2013, 725.
- La Renon Healthcare; Accessed on 17/08/2021; http://www.larenon.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/kiviza_one_page_lbl.pdf
How to use Sulbamed 2gm Injection:
It will be given to you by your health care professional.
Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to get pregnant before taking Sulbamed 2gm Injection. It will be given to you if clearly needed.
Inform your doctor if you are breastfeeding before taking Sulbamed 2gm Injection. It will be given to you if clearly needed.
You need to tell your doctor if you have any liver disorders before taking Sulbamed 2gm Injection.
You need to tell your doctor if you have any kidney disorders before taking Sulbamed 2gm Injection.
- You need to tell your physician if you have any allergic conditions or diseases before taking Sulbamed 2gm Injection.
Side effects are unwanted symptoms caused by medicines. Even though all medicines cause side effects, not everyone gets them.
- Injection site reactions (pain or swelling)
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.