TICOFIC 400MG INJECTION
TEICOPLANINManufacturer : GUFIC BIOSCIENCE LTDOrigin of Medicine : India
Ticofic 400mg Injection consists of the active substance Teicoplanin. It is indicated for enterococcal endocarditis, infections that are resistant to methicillin and penicillin therapy and as an alternative to vancomycin before surgery. It belongs to the category called glycopeptide antibiotics and acts against gram-positive bacteria. Your physician will monitor your kidney function, blood count, and detect other bacteria that are unaffected by this medicine.
Uses of Ticofic 400mg Injection:
- Prevention of infection due to surgery
- Treatment of infections due to staphylococcus aureus, enterococcal endocarditis and streptococcus bacteria.
- Treatment of infections in skin, soft tissues, lungs, urinary tract, bones and stomach walls
How Ticofic 400mg Injection works:
The cell wall of gram-positive bacteria is entirely made of peptidoglycan, which is very thick. Ticofic 400mg Injection binds to units of peptidoglycan present in the bacteria's cell wall. This weakens the peptidoglycan and the bacterial cell becomes more prone to division. Thus, the cell membrane is damaged and cell wall synthesis is also inhibited. Cell division plays a crucial role in killing bacteria.
Interaction with other drugs:
Inform your doctor about any medications you are taking or have taken before the treatment.
Store in a cool place. Keep out of reach of children.
- Sanofi, Electronic Medicines Compendium (EMC), [Revised on Nov 2020] [Accessed on 16th Jul 2021], https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/files/pil.2926.pdf
- Camille E. Beauduy, Lisa G. Winston, Beta-Lactam & Other Cell Wall- & Membrane-Active Antibiotics, Lange’s Basic & Clinical Pharmacology, 14th Edition, 2018, 795-814.
- KD Tripathi, Macrolide, Lincosamide, Glycopeptide and other Antibacterial Antibiotics, Essentials of Medical Pharmacology, 8th Edition, 2019, 801-814.
How to use Ticofic 400mg Injection:
Your physician will inject this medicine into your vein or muscle. Discard if particles are visible.
Inform your physician before starting this treatment if you are pregnant or think you might be pregnant.
Consult your physician for advice before breastfeeding during this treatment
Inform your physician before starting this treatment if you have liver diseases. Your physician will monitor your liver functions regularly.
Inform your physician before starting this treatment if you have kidney diseases. Your physician will monitor your kidney functions regularly.
Avoid driving or using machinery if you have headaches or dizziness.
Inform your physician if you experience allergic reactions to Teicoplanin, vancomycin or other ingredients.
- Talk to your physician before starting this treatment if you have flushing, low platelet count.
- Your physician will monitor your nerve function, hearing and conduct blood tests to ensure the proper functioning of your kidneys.
Side effects are unwanted symptoms caused by medicines. Even though all drugs cause side effects, not everyone gets them.
- Sudden allergic reactions
- Unusual blistering of the skin
- Abnormal liver function values
- Rash, erythema, pruritus
- Hearing problems
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.