TOLVANIX 15MG TABLET
TOLVAPTANManufacturer : MEDGENIX PHARMAI(I)PVT LTDOrigin of Medicine : India
Tolvanix 15mg Tablet contains tolvaptan. It is used to treat low sodium levels in adults with conditions such as liver disease, heart failure, and Syndrome of inappropriate hormone secretion (SIADH). It is used to delay the progression of kidney enlargement in patients with ADPKD (Autosomal dominant polycystic kidney disease). In ADPKD, fluid-filled cysts grow and develop in both kidneys, leading to kidney failure. The symptoms are high blood pressure, kidney pain, bloody urine, kidney stones, and urinary tract infections.
Talk to your physician if you have kidney problems, difficulties in urination, enlarged prostate, liver disorders, diabetes, intolerance to some sugars, or if you cannot drink enough water before taking Tolvanix 15mg Tablet. It is not suitable for adolescents and children under the age of 18. Drink a sufficient quantity of water while being treated with this medication. Avoid grapefruit juice.
Uses of Tolvanix 15mg Tablet:
- Autosomal dominant polycystic kidney disease (ADPKD)
- Low sodium levels in the blood
How Tolvanix 15mg Tablet works:
Tolvanix 15mg Tablet prevents the effect of the hormone vasopressin (helps prevent water loss), reduces the amount of water in your body by increasing urine production, and as a result, it raises the concentration of sodium in your blood. It also helps in delaying kidney enlargement in ADPKD.
Interactions with other drugs:
Inform your doctor about any medications you are taking or have taken before the treatment.
- Keep Tolvanix 15mg Tablet out of sight and reach of children.
- Store between 15°C to 30°C.
- Goodman & Gilman’s, The Pharmacological Basis of Therapeutics, Regulation of renal function and vascular volume, 12th edition, 2011, 714.
- KD Tripathi, Essentials of Medical Pharmacology, Antidiuretic drugs, 7th edition, 2013, 598.
- Otsuka Pharmaceutical Netherlands BV, Electronic medicines compendium (emc), [Revised on Jan 2020] [ Accessed on 5th August 2021], https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/files/pil.6635.pdf
- Otsuka Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd, US Food and Drug Administration, [Revised on April 2013] [ Accessed on 5th August 2021], https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/label/2013/022275s009lbl.pdf
- Laia Sans-Atxer, Dominique Joly; Tolvaptan in the treatment of autosomal dominant polycystic kidney disease: patient selection and special considerations; International Journal of Nephrology and Renovascular Disease; Published on 31/01/2018; Accessed on 05/08/2021; https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/29430193
- Steadfast Medshield; Accessed on 05/08/2021; https://www.steadfast.co.in/vaptan/#:~:text=Tolvaptan%20is%20the%20first%20drug,amount%20of%20more%20diluted%20urine.
How to use Tolvanix 15mg Tablet:
Take Tolvanix 15mg Tablet in a dose and duration prescribed by your doctor. It can be taken with or without food. Swallow the tablets whole with water. Do not crush or chew the tablets. Avoid grapefruit juice. Drink enough water.
Do not take Tolvanix 15mg Tablet if you are pregnant. You need to tell your physician if you are pregnant or planning to get pregnant before taking this medicine.
Do not take Tolvanix 15mg Tablet if you are breastfeeding. You need to inform your doctor if you are breastfeeding before taking this medicine.
You need to tell your physician if you have any liver disorders before taking Tolvanix 15mg Tablet.
You need to tell your physician if you have any kidney disorders or difficulties in urination before taking Tolvanix 15mg Tablet.
Tolvanix 15mg Tablet does not usually affect your ability to drive. However, you may occasionally feel weak, or you may faint for a short period. Avoid driving if you are unwell.
- Consult your physician if you have diabetes, enlarged prostate, intolerance to some sugars, or if you are fluid restricted before taking Tolvanix 15mg Tablet.
Side effects are unwanted symptoms caused by medicines. Even though all medicines cause side effects, not everyone gets them.
- Difficulty in urination
- Allergic reactions (swelling of face, tongue, or lips, wheezing or breathlessness)
- Thirst, excessive drinking of water
- Feeling sick
- Low blood sugar levels
- Decreased appetite
- Headache, dizziness, fainting
- Constipation, diarrhea
- Dry mouth
- Blood in urine
- Frequent urination
- Low blood pressure when standing up
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.