VORIER 200MG INJECTION
VORICONAZOLEManufacturer : ZYDUS CADILAOrigin of Medicine : India
Vorier 200mg Injection consists of the active ingredient Voriconazole. It is indicated to treat of fungal infections in patients who have undergone bone marrow transplantation. It acts against fungal infections caused by Aspergillus sp., Candida sp., Scedosporium sp., and Fusarium sp.
Candidiasis and aspergillosis are opportunistic infections caused by Candida sp., and Aspergillus sp. respectively. Aspergillosis affects the respiratory tract whereas Candidiasis originates from oropharyngeal, genitourinary or skin colonization.
Direct sunlight should be avoided while on Vorier 200mg Injection therapy. Some common side effects include fever, rash, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, headache, swelling of the extremities, stomach pain, breathing difficulties.
Uses of Vorier 200mg Injection:
- Invasive Aspergillosis
- Candidemia in non-neutropenic patients
- Esophageal candidiasis
- Fungal infections caused by Scedosporium apiospermum and Fusarium spp. including Fusarium solani
- Candida infections
- Fungal infections in high-risk bone marrow transplant patients
How Vorier 200mg Injection works:
Vorier 200mg Injection stops the fungus from producing cytochrome enzymes which facilitate synthesis of a substance called ergosterol. Complete loss of ergosterol in the fungal cell wall may be responsible for the antifungal activity of Vorier 200mg Injection.
Interaction with other drugs:
Inform your doctor about any medications you are taking or have taken before the treatment.
Unopened vials should be stored at 15-30°C.
- Pfizer, US Food and Drug Administration, [Revised on Oct 2021], [Accessed on 29th Dec 2021], https://labeling.pfizer.com/ShowLabeling.aspx?format=PDF&id=618
- Pfizer, Electronic Medicines Compendium (EMC), [Revised on Jul 2021], [Accessed on 29th Dec 2021], https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/files/pil.7976.pdf
- D.H. Dockrell, S. Sundar, B.J. Angus, R.P. Hobson, Infectious disease, Davidson’s Principles and Practice of Medicine, 22nd Edition, 2014, 293-386.
How to use Vorier 200mg Injection:
Vorier 200mg Injection is for single use only. The unused portion should be discarded. Clear solutions without any particulate matter should only be used. This injection should be administered only by a qualified physician or nurse.
Vorier 200mg Injection causes harm to the unborn child when given to pregnant women.
It is unknown whether the drug is excreted in milk. Consult your physician for advice.
Avoid driving at night while on treatment with Vorier 200mg Injection as it causes photophobia, blurred vision.
- Vorier 200mg Injection contains lactose; hence it is not intended for use in patients with the rare hereditary problem of galactose intolerance.
- This injection is not intended for people who are allergic to Voriconazole or its ingredients.
Side effects are unwanted symptoms caused by medicines. Even though all drugs cause side effects, not everyone gets them.
- Visual disturbances
- Liver problems
- Arrhythmias and QT prolongation
- Pancreas inflammation
- Infusion-related reactions
- Fever, headache
- Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea
- Swelling of the extremities
- Itchiness and rashes
- Pain in the stomach, back
- Blood in urine
- Low BP
- Hair loss
- Low levels of glucose, sodium, potassium, WBC, platelet and neutrophil count in blood.
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.