VORITROL 200MG TABLET
VORICONAZOLEManufacturer : LUPIN LTDOrigin of Medicine : India
Voritrol 200mg Tablet consists of the active ingredient Voriconazole. It is indicated to treat fungal infections in patients who have undergone bone marrow transplantation. It acts against fungal infections caused by Aspergillus sp., Candida sp., Scedosporium sp., and Fusarium sp.
Candidiasis and aspergillosis are opportunistic infections caused by Candida sp., and Aspergillus sp. respectively. Aspergillosis affects the respiratory tract whereas Candidiasis originates from oropharyngeal, genitourinary or skin colonization.
Direct sunlight should be avoided while on Voritrol 200mg Tablet therapy. Some common side effects include fever, rash, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, headache, swelling of the extremities, stomach pain, breathing difficulties.
Uses of Voritrol 200mg Tablet:
- Invasive Aspergillosis
- Candidemia in non-neutropenic patients
- Esophageal candidiasis
- Fungal infections caused by Scedosporium apiospermum and Fusarium spp. including Fusarium solani
- Candida infections
- Fungal infections in high-risk bone marrow transplant patients
How Voritrol 200mg Tablet works:
Voritrol 200mg Tablet stops the fungus from producing cytochrome enzymes which facilitate synthesis of a substance called ergosterol. Complete loss of ergosterol in the fungal cell wall may be responsible for the antifungal activity of Voritrol 200mg Tablet.
Interaction with other drugs:
Inform your doctor about any medications you are taking or have taken before the treatment.
These tablets do not require any special storage conditions.
- Pfizer, US Food and Drug Administration, [Revised on Oct 2021], [Accessed on 29th Dec 2021], https://labeling.pfizer.com/ShowLabeling.aspx?format=PDF&id=618
- Pfizer, Electronic Medicines Compendium (EMC), [Revised on Jul 2021], [Accessed on 29th Dec 2021], https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/files/pil.8408.pdf
- D.H. Dockrell, S. Sundar, B.J. Angus, R.P. Hobson, Infectious disease, Davidson’s Principles and Practice of Medicine, 22nd Edition, 2014, 293-386.
How to use Voritrol 200mg Tablet:
Use as directed by the physician. Swallow the whole tablet with water. Consume the tablet regularly at the same time each day. In case of a missed dose, don’t double the amount. Continue with the next scheduled dose.
Voritrol 200mg Tablet causes harm to the unborn child when given to pregnant women.
It is unknown whether the drug is excreted in milk. Consult your physician for advice before taking Voritrol 200mg Tablet.
Avoid driving at night while on Voritrol 200mg Tablet as it causes photophobia, blurred vision.
- Vortero 200mg Tablet contains lactose; hence it is not intended for use in patients with the rare hereditary problem of galactose intolerance.
- This tablet is not intended for people who are allergic to Voriconazole or its ingredients.
Side effects are unwanted symptoms caused by medicines. Even though all drugs cause side effects, not everyone gets them.
- Visual disturbances
- Liver problems
- Heart problems
- Pancreas inflammation
- Fever, headache
- Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea
- Swelling of the extremities
- Itchiness and rashes
- Pain in the stomach, back
- Blood in urine
- Low BP
- Hair loss
- Low levels of glucose, sodium, potassium, WBC, platelet and neutrophil count in blood.
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.