VYMADA 50MG TABLET
SACUBITRIL,VALSARTANManufacturer : NOVARTIS INDIA LTDOrigin of Medicine : Switzerland
Sacubitril and Valsartan are indicated to reduce the risk of death due to cardiovascular events and minimize the chances of hospitalization in patients with chronic heart failure or low ejection fraction. Valsartan produces complete inhibition of angiotensin action compared to ACE inhibitors (Ramipril etc.), and the incidence of side effects like cough is lower. Valsartan is also associated with the reduced progression of diabetes and its complications.
Uses of Vymada 50mg Tablet:
- To treat long-term heart failure
- To reduce morbidity and mortality associated with heart diseases.
How Vymada 50mg Tablet Works:
Sacubitril is an orally active Neutral Endopeptidase inhibitor. After administration, the esterase enzymes convert Sacubitril into its active form Sacubitrilat. It prevents the degradation of neuropeptides from the heart and brain, induces excretion of sodium in the urine and dilates blood vessels
Valsartan inhibits the action of angiotensin AT1 on its receptors. It produces dilation of arteries, decreases aldosterone secretion, and increases sodium and water excretion in urine.
Interaction with other drugs:
Inform your doctor about any medications you are taking or have taken before the treatment.
Store in the original package to protect from moisture. Keep this medicine away from the reach of children.
- Novartis Pharmaceuticals UK Ltd, Electronic Medicines Compendium(EMC), [Revised on Sep 2020] [Accessed on 24th Apr 2021], https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/files/pil.5074.pdf
- Novartis, US Food and Drug Administration, [Revised on Nov 2017] [Accessed on 24th Apr 2021], https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/label/2017/207620s008lbl.pdf
- KD Tripathi, Cardiac Glycosides and Drugs for Heart Failure, Essentials of Medical Pharmacology, 8th Edition, 2019, 556-569.
- Ian A. Reid, Vasoactive Peptides, Lange’s Basic & Clinical Pharmacology, 14th Edition, 2018, 300-320.
How to use Vymada 50mg Tablet:
Swallow the whole tablet with water. You shall take this medicine with or without food.
Inform your physician before taking Vymada 50mg Tablet if you are pregnant or think you might be pregnant.
Consult your physician for advice before breastfeeding.
Inform your physician before taking Vymada 50mg Tablet if you have liver disease.
Inform your physician before taking Vymada 50mg Tablet if you have severe kidney disease or a narrow kidney artery.
Avoid driving if you feel unwell if this medicine makes you feel dizzy and less alert.
Consult your physician for advice if you are allergic to Sacubitril or Valsartan or any of its ingredients.
- Inform your physician before taking Vymada 50mg Tablet if you suffer from dehydration.
- Inform your physician if you have had angioedema or low blood pressure.
Side effects are unwanted symptoms caused by medicines. Even though all drugs cause side effects, not everyone gets them.
- Swelling of face, lips or tongue
- Difficulty in breathing or swallowing
- Kidney dysfunction
- Low levels of RBC and potassium in the blood
- Spinning sensation
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.