XELJANZ 5MG TABLET 14'S
TOFACITINIBManufacturer : PFIZER LTDOrigin of Medicine : United States of America
Xeljanz 5mg Tablet 14'S contains the active constituent tofacitinib. It is used to treat Rheumatoid arthritis, Psoriatic arthritis, ulcerative colitis, polyarticular juvenile idiopathic arthritis and juvenile psoriatic arthritis. Rheumatoid arthritis is a form of arthritis that causes pain, swelling, stiffness, and loss of function in the joints. Psoriatic arthritis is a form of arthritis that affects some people having psoriasis – a condition in which itchy, scaly red patches appear on the scalp and skin. Juvenile psoriatic arthritis is psoriatic arthritis affecting children.
Ulcerative colitis is a disease in which inflammation and ulcers are developed in the digestive tract, primarily in the large intestine and rectum. Polyarticular juvenile idiopathic arthritis is childhood arthritis that causes swelling of joints and pain. This medication is not advisable for lactose intolerant patients as this medicine contains lactose. Do not take live vaccines along with the Xeljanz 5mg Tablet 14'S. Talk to your doctor if you have tuberculosis, chronic lung disorders, gastrointestinal perforations, or active infection.
Xeljanz 5 mg Tablet 14'S uses:
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Psoriatic arthritis
- Ulcerative colitis
- Polyarticular juvenile idiopathic arthritis
- Juvenile psoriatic arthritis
How Xeljanz 5mg Tablet 14'S works:
It blocks the action of Janus kinase enzymes (JAK), which are involved in the inflammation and relieves symptoms.
Interactions with other drugs:
Inform your doctor about any medications you are taking or have taken before the treatment.
- Keep out of sight and reach of children.
- Store at controlled room temperature between 20°C and 25°C.
- Pfizer, Electronic medicines compendium (emc), [ Revised on march 2017] [ Accessed on 7th April 2021], https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/product/2500/smpc
- Pfizer, US Food and Drug Administration, [ Revised on May 2018] [ Accessed on 7th April 2021], https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/label/2018/203214s018lbl.pdf
- Dhillon S; Tofacitinib: A Review in Rheumatoid Arthritis. Drugs; Drugs 2017; Accessed 07/04/2021 https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/29139090/
How to use Xeljanz 5mg Tablet 14'S:
Take Xeljanz 5mg Tablet 14'S in the dose and duration prescribed by your physician. Swallow the tablets whole and intact with a glass of water. Do not break or crush the tablets. You may find something like a tablet in the stool, it is an empty shell of the tablet after the body has absorbed it.
There are no established adverse effects of Xeljanz 5mg Tablet 14'S in pregnant women. As a precautionary measure, the use of this medicine should be avoided during the pregnancy. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to get pregnant before taking this medication.
Xeljanz 5 mg may be excreted into breast milk. Inform your doctor if you are breastfeeding before taking this medication.
Treatment with this medicine may increase the liver enzymes in some patients. your doctor will routinely monitor the liver function.
- It is not advisable for lactose intolerant patients as this medicine contains lactose.
- Do not take live vaccines along with the Xeljanz 5mg Tablet 14'S.
Side effects are unwanted symptoms caused by medicines. Even though all medicines cause side effects, not everyone gets them. The side effects of Xeljanz are:
- Possibility of hepatitis B or C infection indicated by no appetite, chills, skin rash, dark urine, yellowish skin and eyes, stomach discomfort, muscle aches, tiredness and vomiting.
- Viral infections
- Non- melanoma skin cancer
- Lower number of white blood cells
- Blood clot disorders
- Common cold, sinus infections, cough
- Head ache
- Nasal congestion, runny nose, sore throat
- High blood pressure
- Increased cholesterol levels
- Increased muscle enzyme levels
- Indigestion, abdominal pain
- Nausea, vomiting
- Joint pain
- Swelling of the lower legs and hands
- Abnormal sensation in skin
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.