KESTEAD XT TABLET
ALPHA KETOANALOGUEManufacturer : STEADFAST MEDISHIELD PVT LTDOrigin of Medicine : India
Kestead XT Tablet contains amino acids, partly in form of their corresponding-ketoanalogues. It is given along with protein-restricted diet to delay the progression of chronic kidney disease (CKD). It reduces uraemic symptoms (caused by the accumulation of nitrogenous waste compounds which are normally eliminated by the kidneys), improves the nutritional status, and reduces the metabolic complications in CKD patients. It is contraindicated in patients with hypercalcemia. Talk to your doctor if you are pregnant, or breastfeeding before taking this medicine. Administration of this medicine may cause increased levels of blood calcium and abnormal heart beats.
Uses of Kestead XT Tablet:
Kestead XT Tablet is used in chronic kidney disease patients for
- Delaying disease progression and onset of dialysis
- Preserving nutritional status
- Reducing metabolic complications due to renal insufficiency
- Reduction of uraemic symptoms
How Kestead XT Tablet works:
It ensures the intake of essential amino acids, improves the renal function and delays the progression of chronic kidney disease.
Interactions with other drugs:
Inform your doctor about any medications you are taking or have taken before the treatment.
Keep Kestead XT Tablet out of sight and reach of children. Store at room temperature between 15°C to 25°C.
- Che-Hsiung Wu et al; Ketoanalogues supplementation decreases dialysis and mortality risk in patients with anemic advanced chronic kidney disease; PLoS One; Published on 05/05/2021; Accessed on 11/06/2021; http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/pmc5419544/
- Albert Li et al; The Effect of Ketoanalogues on Chronic Kidney Disease Deterioration: A Meta-Analysis; Nutrients; Published on May 2019; Accessed on 11/06/2021; https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/31035482
- Alexander Zemchenkov, Irina N.Konakova; Efficacy of the Essential Amino Acids and Keto-Analogues on the CKD progression rate in real practice in Russia - city nephrology registry data for outpatient clinic; BMC Nephrology; Published on 07/07/2016; Accessed on 11/06/2021; https://bmcnephrol.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/s12882-016-0281-z
- Arun Sharma et al; Rationale of α-Ketoanalogue Supplemented with Low Protein Diet for the Treatment of Chronic Kidney Disease; Journal of Karnali Academy of Health Sciences; Published on 09/01/2021; Accessed on 11/06/2021; https://jkahs.org.np/jkahs/index.php/jkahs/article/view/415/222
How to use Kestead XT Tablet:
Always take this medicine as exactly your doctor has told you. Do not break or chew the tablets.
Inform your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to pregnant before taking Kestead XT Tablet.
Tell your doctor if you are breastfeeding before taking Kestead XT Tablet.
- Tell your doctor if you have hypercalcemia or other diseases.
Side effects are unwanted symptoms caused by medicines. Even though all medicines cause side effects, not everyone gets them.
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.