ABEC L TABLET
ABACAVIR,LAMIVUDINEManufacturer : EMCURE PHARMACEUTICALS LTDOrigin of Medicine : India
Abec L Tablet is a combination antiretroviral medication containing the active constituents abacavir 600mg and lamivudine 300mg. It is used to treat HIV - 1 infection. HIV - 1 is a Human immunodeficiency virus that attacks and destroys the cells involved in the immune system; the body’s ability to fight against infections decreases and leads to death if untreated properly. This medicine does not completely cure the infection; it reduces the amount of virus in your body and increases the CD4 cell count in your blood. These cells are important in helping your body to fight infection.
Abec L Tablet is usually given with other medicines to treat HIV infection. Inform your doctor if you have any liver disease, including hepatitis B or C, kidney disease, heart problems, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, diabetes, or if you are overweight before taking this medicine.
Do not share personal objects such as razors or toothbrushes with anyone. Do not breastfeed. Consult your doctor about safe sex practices. Administration of Abec L Tablet may lead to lactic acidosis (buildup of acid in the blood).
Uses of Abec L Tablet:
- Treatment of HIV – 1 infection
How Abec L Tablet works:
Abec L Tablet works by inhibiting the enzyme reverse transcriptase, thereby inhibiting the replication of viral particles in the body and treats the infection.
Interactions with other drugs:
Inform your doctor about any medications you are taking or have taken before the treatment.
Keep Abec L Tablet out of sight and reach of children. Store below 30°C.
- KD Tripathi, Essentials of Medical Pharmacology, Antiviral drugs, 7th edition, 2013, 807-808.
- Goodman & Gilman’s, The Pharmacological Basis of Therapeutics, Antiretroviral agents and treatment of HIV infection, 12th edition, 2011, 1635-1636.
- Lupin Healthcare (UK) Limited, Electronic medicines compendium (emc), [ Revised on May 2019] [ Accessed on 9th June 2021], https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/files/pil.7375.pdf
- ViiV Healthcare, US Food and Drug Administration, [ Revised on March 2017] [ Accessed on 9th June 2021], https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/label/2017/021652s022lbl.pdf
How to use Abec L Tablet:
Take Abec L Tablet in dose and duration as prescribed by your doctor. Swallow the tablets with water. It can be taken with or without food.
Abec L Tablet may cause harm to unborn baby. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to get pregnant before taking Abec L Tablet. The doctor will explain the potential risks and benefits.
Breastfeeding is not recommended because viral infection can pass through breast milk.
Inform your physician if you ever had liver diseases, including hepatitis B or C.
Inform your physician if you have any kidney disorders.
Avoid driving if you are feeling unwell, as this medicine may make u feel dizzy and less alert.
- Do not share personal objects such as razors or toothbrushes
- Consult a doctor about safe sex practices.
Side effects are unwanted symptoms caused by medicines. Even though all medicines cause side effects, not everyone gets them.
- Lactic acidosis (breathing difficulties along with weakness in limbs, stomach pain, vomiting, drowsiness)
- Liver problems (yellowing of whites of eyes and skin, urine turns dark, light-colored stools)
- Severe allergic reactions (fever, rash, nausea, diarrhea, shortness of breath)
- Changes in the immune system
- Changes in body fat
- Headache, dizziness
- Bad dreams, sleep problems
- Ear, nose, or throat infections
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.