ADALIREL 40MG INJECTION
ADALIMUMABManufacturer : RELIANCE LIFE SCIENCES PVT LTDOrigin of Medicine : India
Adalirel 40mg Injection contains adalimumab as the active constituent. It is a monoclonal antibody that is used exclusively to treat several types of arthritis such as rheumatoid arthritis, polyarticular juvenile idiopathic arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, psoriatic arthritis, enthesitis-related arthritis, and plaque psoriasis. In addition to this, it is also used in treating certain types of inflammatory diseases like Crohn’s disease, ulcerative colitis, non-infectious uveitis, hidradenitis suppurativa, and axial spondylarthritis without radiographic evidence of ankylosing spondylitis. This medicine is administered as injectables that are given under the skin(subcutaneously).
This medicine acts by decreasing the process of inflammation in these diseases. In case you have had tuberculosis or any other infections inform your doctor before starting with Adalirel40mg Injection. Avoid vaccination while taking this medicine. Talk to your doctor if you have infections, had heart failure, multiple sclerosis, cancer, hepatitis or allergic conditions before taking this medicine.
If you are planning for pregnancy it is better to discuss with your doctor about the effective birth control methods at least for 5 months after completion of the treatment. If you are a COPD patient or chain smoker, check with your doctor if this medicine is right for you. It is important to tell your doctor if you develop any new skin lesions during this treatment. If you are planning for surgery discuss with your doctor as it is not safe to consume this medicine until the surgery.
Uses of Adalirel 40mg Injection:
Adalirel 40mg Injection are been approved for the following conditions:
- Rheumatoid arthritis & Polyarticular juvenile idiopathic arthritis (inflammatory diseases of the joints)
- Enthesitis-related arthritis (inflammatory disease of the joints and the places where tendons join the bone)
- Ankylosing spondylitis and axial spondylarthritis without radiographic evidence of ankylosing spondylitis (inflammatory diseases of the spine)
- Psoriatic arthritis (inflammatory diseases of the joints usually associated with psoriasis)
- Plaque psoriasis (a skin condition that causes flaky, red, crusty patches of skin covered with silvery scales)
- Ulcerative colitis (inflammatory disease of the large intestine)
- Crohn’s disease (inflammatory disease of the digestive tract)
- Hidradenitis suppurativa (painful inflammatory skin disease causing lumps and boils that may leak pus)
- Non-infectious uveitis (inflammatory disease affecting parts of the eye)
How Adalirel 40mg Injection works:
Adalirel 40mg Injection produces its action by specifically binding to TNF-alpha (tumor necrosis factor, a protein present at increased levels in inflammatory diseases), block its interaction with TNF receptors and decreases the process of inflammation in these diseases.
Inform your doctor about any medications you are taking or have taken before the treatment.
How to store Adalirel 40mg Injection:
- Keep Adalimumab Injection out of sight and reach of children.
- Store in refrigerator (2°C to 8°C). Do not freeze.
- Keep the pre-filled syringe inside the carton to protect it from light.
1.Goodman & Gilman’s, The Pharmacological Basis of Therapeutics, Immunosuppressants, tolerogens, and immunostimulants, 12th edition, 2011, 1018.
2.KD Tripathi, Essentials of Medical Pharmacology, Antirheumatoid and antigout drugs, 7th edition, 2013, 213.
3.AbbVie Ltd, Electronic medicines compendium (emc), [ Revised on April 2021] [ Accessed on 10th June 2021], https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/files/pil.2150.pdf
4.AbbVie Inc, US Food and Drug Administration, [ Revised on Feb 2021] [ Accessed on 10th June 2021], https://www.rxabbvie.com/pdf/humira.pdf
How to use Adalirel 40mg Injection:
- Adalirel 40mg Injection will be administered under the skin by a health care professional.
- Do not attempt to inject yourself unless you are trained to do so by your physician or health care provider.
- Take exactly as your health care provider tells you to take it
Inform your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to be pregnant before taking this medicine. Adalirel 40mg Injection will be given to you only if needed. It is to be taken with caution if you are pregnant as this medicine may increase the risk of infections in your unborn baby.
Tell your doctor if you are breastfeeding before taking Adalirel 40mg Injection. It will be given to you only if clearly needed.
Talk to your doctor before taking Adalirel 40mg Injection if you have ever had hepatitis B or other liver diseases as this medicine may cause further impairment or increase the risk of hepatitis reactivation.
Adalirel 40mg Injection is safe to administer as it does not worsen your kidney functions.
Consult your doctor if it is safe to consume alcohol during the treatment with Adalirel 40mg Injection.
Adalirel 40mg Injection may cause visual disturbances and may impact your driving performance or your ability to handle machines. Hence, it is better to avoid driving while on treatment with this medicine.
- Inform your doctor if you have infections, heart diseases or allergic conditions.
- It would be best to follow reliable birth control methods for a minimum of 5 months after the completion of treatment.
- Before starting with Adalirel 40mg Injection, it is advised to inform your physician if you have scheduled any surgery in the near future as it is related to causing poor healing.
Side effects are unwanted symptoms caused by medicines. Even though all medicines cause side effects, not everyone gets them.
The side effects of Adalirel 40mg Injection are listed below:
- Serious infections (weight loss, cough, fever, loss of body fat)
- Allergic reactions (trouble breathing, hives, swelling of face, eyes, lips or mouth)
- Nervous system problems (tingling, vision disturbances, weakness in arms and legs, dizziness)
- Blood problems (bruising, bleeding, looking very pale)
- Liver problems (yellowing of skin and eyes, abdominal pain)
- Immune reactions
- Psoriasis, eczema symptoms
- Trouble breathing
- Double vision
- Risk of Blood cancer- Lymphoma
- Injection site reactions (rash, redness, swelling)
- Respiratory tract infections
- Flu symptoms
- Stomach pain
- Skin cancer
- High blood pressure
- Healing impairment
- Decrease in platelet count
- Blood in urine
- Acid reflux
- Hair loss
- Difficulty sleeping
- Anxiety, mood swings
- Fungal, oral, genital site infections
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.