ALFUGRESS D TABLET
ALFUZOSIN HCL,DUTASTERIDEManufacturer : LA RENON HEALTHCARE PVT LTDOrigin of Medicine : India
Alfugress D Tablet is a combination medication containing alfuzosin hydrochloride 10mg and dutasteride 0.5mg. It is used to treat benign prostatic hyperplasia in men (enlarged prostate). Benign prostatic hyperplasia is a non-cancerous growth of the prostate gland which can lead to urinary problems such as difficulty in passing urine, frequent or urgent need to urinate, and urinary dribbling.
You need to inform your physician if you have liver problems, low blood pressure, chest pain, or heart problems before taking Alfugress D Tablet. Use effective birth control during the treatment as dutasteride may affect the normal development of a male baby. If you feel dizzy or lightheaded while taking this medicine, sit or lie down until the symptoms pass. Alfugress D Tablet is not recommended for adolescents and children under the age of 18.
Uses of Alfugress D Tablet:
- Benign prostatic hyperplasia
How Alfugress D Tablet works:
Dutasteride reduces the production of a hormone called dihydrotestosterone, which leads to the shrinking of the prostate and relieves the symptoms. Alfuzosin hydrochloride relaxes the muscles in the prostate gland, thereby facilitating easier urination.
Interactions with other drugs:
Inform your doctor about any medications you are taking or have taken before the treatment.
- Keep Alfugress D Tablet out of sight and reach of children.
- KD Tripathi, Essentials of Medical Pharmacology, Antiadrenergic Drugs (Adrenergic Receptor Antagonists) and Drugs for Glaucoma, 7th edition, 2013, 142.
- Goodman & Gilman’s, The Pharmacological Basis of Therapeutics, Androgens, 12th edition, 2011, 1205.
- Sanofi, Electronic medicines compendium (emc), [Revised on Sept 2020] [ Accessed on 31st July 2021], https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/files/pil.1475.pdf
- Rivopharm UK Ltd, US Food and Drug Administration, [Revised on March 2017] [ Accessed on 31st July 2021], https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/files/pil.8988.pdf
- Ciplamed; Accessed on 31/07/2021; https://www.ciplamed.com/content/alfusin-d-tablets
How to use Alfugress D Tablet:
Take Alfugress D Tablet in a dose and duration prescribed by your doctor. Swallow the tablets whole with water. Do not chew or crush the tablets.
Alfugress D Tablet is contraindicated in patients with severe liver disorders. You need to tell your doctor if you have any liver disorders before taking this medicine.
You need to tell your doctor if you have any kidney disorders before taking Alfugress D Tablet.
Alfugress D Tablet may cause dizziness. Avoid driving if you are unwell.
- It is vital to inform your physician if you have low blood pressure before taking Alfugress D Tablet.
- Women who are (or might be) pregnant must not handle broken tablets as this medicine can get absorbed through the body and affect the normal development of a male baby.
Side effects are unwanted symptoms caused by medicines. Even though all medicines cause side effects, not everyone gets them.
- Decreased sex drive
- Breast enlargement or tenderness
- Difficulty with erection and ejaculation
- Weakness or tiredness
- Stomach pain
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.