BDOCTERIO 30MG INJECTION
OCTREOTIDEManufacturer : BDR PHARMACEUTICALS INTERNATIONALS PVT LTDOrigin of Medicine : India
Bdocterio 30mg Injection consists of the active ingredient Octreotide. It is used to treat symptoms of metastatic carcinoid tumors like flushing and Diarrhoea. It also suppresses the secretion of thyroid-stimulating hormones.
Carcinoid and Vasoactive intestinal peptide tumors are two gastrointestinal neuroendocrine tumors that cause diarrhea, flushing and wheezing. In patients suffering from advanced cancer, where the tumors cannot be removed surgically, this drug decreases the symptoms and slows down tumor progression.
Acromegaly is a condition caused when a tumor in the pituitary gland secretes growth hormone in excess.
Bdocterio 30mg Injection significantly reduces the symptoms of Acromegaly, which include headache, excessive perspiration, numbness of the hands and feet, tiredness and joint pain.
Uses of Bdocterio 30mg Injection:
- Symptomatic relief for patients diagnosed with Acromegaly
- Symptomatic relief for patients diagnosed with Vasoactive intestinal peptide tumors (VIPoma) and Carcinoid tumors
- Treatment of Refractive Diarrhoea in AIDS patients
How Bdocterio 30mg Injection works:
Bdocterio 30mg Injection inhibits the production of Growth Hormone and, to a lesser extent, of TSH, glucagon, insulin, and gastrin. In endocrine tumor like VIPoma and carcinoid tumors, it inhibits hormone secretion and slows down tumor progression. It inhibits intestinal secretion and produces dose-related effects on bowel motility. It reduces the growth hormone or somatomedin –c levels in patients with Acromegaly.
Interaction with other drugs:
Inform your doctor about any medications you are taking or have taken before the treatment.
Store at 2-8˚C and protect it from light. Keep the solution at room temperature before administration.
- Novartis, [Revised on Mar 2021] [Accessed on 29th Dec 2021], https://www.novartis.us/sites/www.novartis.us/files/sandostatin_lar.pdf
- Hospira, Electronic Medicines Compendium (EMC), [Revised on Sep 2021] [Accessed on 29th Dec 2021], https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/files/pil.6310.pdf
- Kenneth R. McQuaid, Drugs used in the Treatment of Gastrointestinal Diseases, Lange's Basic and Clinical Pharmacology, 14th Edition, 2018, 1087-1119.
How to use Bdocterio 30mg Injection:
This injection is intended for administration via the subcutaneous or intravenous route. It should be administered only under the monitoring of a qualified healthcare professional. Avoid taking multiple shots in a short period. Check for discolouration and the presence of particles before injecting.
Consult your physician for advice if you are pregnant or think you might be pregnant.
It is not known if Bdocterio 30mg Injection is excreted in the milk. Exercise caution while breastfeeding.
Inform your physician before beginning this treatment if you have liver problems. Ensure that your physician monitors your liver functions regularly.
Inform your physician before beginning this treatment if you have kidney problems. Ensure that your physician monitors your kidney functions regularly.
- Inform your physician if you have or ever had gall stones. Your physician may check the condition of your gall bladder periodically.
- Inform your physician if you experience allergic reactions to Octreotide or its ingredients.
- Ensure that your physician monitors your blood glucose levels and thyroid functions regularly. Inform your physician if you have blood sugar fluctuations or diabetes.
- Inform your physician if you have a history of vitamin B12 deficiency.
Side effects are unwanted symptoms caused by medicines. Even though all drugs cause side effects, not everyone gets them.
- Gall bladder abnormalities
- Sinus bradycardia
- Irregularities in the cardiac rhythm
- Blood glucose fluctuations
- Diarrhea, abdominal pain, nausea, constipation, flatulence.
- Liver disorders
- Pruritus, Rash
- Hair loss
- Heart rate fluctuations
- Vomiting, bloating
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.