GALENSOME 50MG INJECTION
LIPOSOMAL AMPHOTERICIN BManufacturer : GALENGEN LIFESCIENCES PVT LTDOrigin of Medicine : India
Galensome 50mg Injection is an antifungal medication containing the active constituent amphotericin B intercalated into the liposomal membrane. It is used to treat serious infections caused by fungi. It is used to treat mucormycosis or black fungus, especially among patients who are recovering or have recovered from covid-19. Talk to your doctor if you have diabetes, kidney disorders, or allergic conditions before taking this medicine. It is essential to tell your healthcare provider about all the medicines you are taking recently, including supplements and herbal medicines. Galensome 50mg Injection is not recommended in babies under one month old. Report to your doctor if you experience any allergic reactions while taking this medicine.
Uses of Galensome 50mg Injection:
Galensome 50mg Injection is used to treat serious fungal infections:
- Visceral leishmaniasis (caused by protozoan parasite; characterized by fever, weight loss, enlargement of spleen and liver, and anemia)
- Fungal infection in patients with neutropenia (low number of white blood cells) and high temperature
- Fungal infections of one or more deep organs of the body
- Mucormycosis or black fungus (characterized by blurred vision, black lesions over nose or upper inside of mouth, breathing difficulties, chest pain and coughing of blood)
How Galensome 50mg Injection works:
Galensome 50mg Injection binds to the sterol component of the fungal cell membrane, disrupts the membrane integrity and prevents the growth of fungi.
Interactions with other drugs:
Inform your doctor about any medications you are taking or have taken before the treatment.
Keep Galensome 50mg Injection out of sight and reach of children. Do not store above 25°C.
- Goodman & Gilman’s, The Pharmacological Basis of Therapeutics, Chemotherapy of protozoal infections, 12th edition, 2011, 1424.
- KD Tripathi, Essentials of Medical Pharmacology, Antifungal drugs, 7th edition, 2013, 787-788.
- Gilead Sciences International Ltd, Electronic medicines compendium (emc), [ Revised on Sept 2020] [ Accessed on 11th June 2021], https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/files/pil.1022.pdf
- Gilead Sciences, Inc, US Food and Drug Administration, [ Revised on Oct 2008] [ Accessed on 11th June 2021], https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/label/2008/050740s016lbl.pdf
- Nikolaoas V. Sipsas et al; Therapy of Mucormycosis; Journal of Fungi; Published on 31/06/2018; Accessed on 14/06/2021; https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/30065232
How to use Galensome 50mg Injection:
It will be given to you by a doctor or nurse.
Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to get pregnant before taking Galensome 50mg Injection. It will be given to you if clearly needed.
Inform your doctor if you are breastfeeding before taking Galensome 50mg Injection.
Talk to your doctor if you have any kidney disorders before taking Galensome 50mg Injection.
Galensome 50mg Injection could affect your ability to drive. Avoid driving if you are unwell.
- Inform your doctor if you have diabetes.
Side effects are unwanted symptoms caused by medicines. Even though all medicines cause side effects, not everyone gets them.
- Shivering, fever, chills
- Feeling tired, confused
- Muscle weakness, cramps
- High blood sugar levels
- Diarrhea, stomach pain
- Chest pain, back pain
- Rash, flushing
- Faster heart rate
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.