MEDZOL 5MG/5ML INJECTION
MIDAZOLAMManufacturer : THEMIS MEDICAREOrigin of Medicine : India
Medzol 5mg Injection contains midazolam. It is used to produce conscious sedation (so that you may feel sleepy but not completely asleep) before and during diagnostic, therapeutic, and endoscopic procedures. It is used to sedate patients in intensive care settings. It is also administered before you are given an anesthetic (produces an unconscious state). This injection is used in the hospital environment only. This medicine should not be used if you have severe breathing problems.
Talk to your doctor if you have kidney disorders, heart problems, liver problems, myasthenia gravis (muscle weakness), sleep apnoea (where your breathing stops while you are sleeping), alcohol or drug addiction problems before taking this medicine. You should not drink alcohol if you have been given Medzol 5mg Injection as it may cause breathing problems and excessive sleepiness. You must not breastfeed your baby for 24 hours after taking this medicine.
Uses of Medzol 5mg Injection:
- Sedation of patients in intensive care settings
- Sedation before and during diagnostic, therapeutic, and endoscopic procedures
- Adjunct for general anesthesia (unconscious sedation)
How Medzol 5mg Injection works:
Medzol 5mg Injection relaxes muscles and induces sleep by increasing the inhibitory function of GABA (gamma-aminobutyric acid, an inhibitory neurotransmitter).
Interactions with other drugs:
Inform your doctor about any medications you are taking or have taken before the treatment.
- Keep Medzol 5mg Injection out of sight and reach of children.
- Do not store above 25°C. Do not freeze.
- Goodman & Gilman’s, The Pharmacological Basis of Therapeutics, General anaesthetics and therapeutic gases, 12th edition, 2011, 548.
- KD Tripathi, Essentials of Medical Pharmacology, General anaesthetics, 7th edition, 2013, 383.
- Hameln Pharma Ltd, Electronic medicines compendium (emc), [ Revised on April 2020] [ Accessed on 21th July 2021], https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/files/pil.6420.pdf
- Fresenius kabi, US Food and Drug Administration, [ Revised on March 2017] [ Accessed on 21st July 2021], https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/label/2017/208878Orig1s000lbl.pdf
How to use Medzol 5mg Injection:
It will be given to you by a doctor or nurse.
Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to get pregnant before taking Medzol 5mg Injection. It will be given to you if clearly needed.
You must not breastfeed your baby for 24 hours after taking Medzol 5mg Injection.
You need to tell your doctor if you have any liver disorders before taking Medzol 5mg Injection. Your physician will monitor your liver condition before starting the treatment.
You need to tell your doctor if you have any kidney disorders before taking Medzol 5mg Injection. Your physician will monitor your kidney condition before starting the treatment.
After having Medzol 5mg Injection, you may feel sleepy for some time. Do not drive or handle any tools or machines unless your doctor says you are ready to engage in such activities.
- You should not drink alcohol if you have been given Medzol 5mg Injection as it may cause breathing problems and excessive sleepiness.
- Talk to your physician if you have severe breathing problems before taking Medzol 5mg Injection.
Side effects are unwanted symptoms caused by medicines. Even though all medicines cause side effects, not everyone gets them.
- Injection site reactions (redness, pain, swelling)
- Nausea, vomiting
- Dry mouth
- Feeling confused, tired
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.