MYCEPT S 360MG TABLET
MYCOPHENOLATE SODIUMManufacturer : MANKIND PHARMACEUTICALS LIMITEDOrigin of Medicine : India
Mycept S 360mg Tablet contains mycophenolic acid as the active constituent. This medicine is indicated for patients who have undergone transplants that include liver, kidney, and heart. This medication is given to avoid organ rejections. Rejections occur when our immune system identifies the new organ as a foreign body attacks it. This medication is given in combination with other medications such as corticosteroids and ciclosporin which also possess immunosuppressive action. It is advised not to switch over to sound alike medication i.e Mycophenolate mofetil, without any medical advice.
If you are a woman of childbearing It is required to show negative pregnancy reports before commencing the first dose of Mycept S 360mg Tablet. This medicine is not recommended for pregnant women as it causes birth defects or miscarriage. For men, it is advised to not donate semen until 90 days after treatment completion. Inform your physician if you ever had gastric-related problems such as ulcers or gastric bleeding. Inform your doctor if you are taking any antibiotics or antacids before starting this medicine as it might affect the effectiveness of the drug.
It is advised to limit your exposure to sunlight while you are on treatment with this medicine because it is found that Mycept S 360mg Tablet makes your skin more vulnerable to sunlight and increases the risk of skin cancer. Report to your doctor if you develop any signs of infection. It is advised to avoid donating blood for 6 weeks after the completion of your treatment. However, your doctor may perform a check on your antibodies and blood cell count before starting the treatment. This medication is unsafe to use for children below the age of 5 years.
Uses of Mycept S 360mg Tablet:
Mycept S 360mg Tablet are been approved for treating the following conditions:
- Prophylaxis for kidney transplant patients to prevent organ rejection.
- For children above 5 years of age who have had their kidney transplants.
How Mycept S 360mg Tablet works:
Mycept S 360mg Tablet is an enteric-coated tablet that will pass via the stomach and get dissolved in the intestine. This medicine belongs to the class of immunosuppressive agents that reversibly inhibits the enzyme inosine monophosphate dehydrogenase which plays a significant role in purine synthesis. Therefore it affects the immune cells and impairs them to produce antibodies in response to new organ transplantation. This medicine has been developed for gastric tolerability.
Interactions with other drugs:
Inform your doctor about any medications you are taking or have taken before the treatment.
How to store Mycept S 360mg Tablet:
- Keep Mycept S 360mg Tablet out of sight and reach of children.
- Store this medicine at room temperature not exceeding 30°C.
- Keep this medicine in a dry place.
- Accord Healthcare, European Medicine consortium(emc Revised on Jan 2020], [Accessed on 01/07/2022], https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/files/pil.8582.pdf
- Novartis Pharmaceutical Corporation, US Food and Drug Administration, [ Revised on April 2020] [Accessed on 1st July 2022], https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/label/2020/050791s030lbl.pdf
- Benjanuwattra et al, Mycophenolic Acid and its Pharmacokinetic Drug‐Drug Interactions in Humans: Review of the Evidence and Clinical Implications. The Journal of Clinical Pharmacology,Published on march 2020, Accessed on July 2022.
How to use Mycept S 360mg Tablet:
- Consume Mycept S 360mg Tablet as exactly prescribed by your doctor.
- Swallow this tablet as a whole with water.
- Do Not crush or break the tablets.
- This Tablet is to be consumed on empty stomach either 1 hour before or after food.
It is unsafe to consume Mycept S 360mg Tablet during pregnancy as it can cause birth defects. If you planning for pregnancy, it is better to discuss with your doctor regarding the harmful effect of the medicine on the baby and follow the contraception advice strictly.
It is important that you inform your doctor if you are breastfeeding or planning to breastfeed because Mycept S 360mg Tablet tends to pass into breastmilk.
Inform your doctor if you have had a history of liver diseases or infections such as hepatitis because Mycept S 360mg Tablet is to be used with caution in these patients.
It is not recommended to take Mycept S 360mg Tablet for patients with severe kidney impairment as it requires dosage adjustment.
Consult your doctor if it is safe to consume alcohol during the treatment with Mycept S 360mg Tablet.
It is considered safe to drive or operate machines during the treatment with Mycept S 360mg Tablet as it has not produced any effect on your driving potential.
- Do not consume this medicine, if you had the previous history of allergic reactions to mycophenolate mofetil or mycophenolic sodium.
- For men, it is advised to follow reliable contraceptive methods during the treatment and also to continue it for at least 90 days after the last dose.
- For women who are reproductive potential, it is recommended to follow acceptable contraceptive methods thoroughly during the treatment and must continue it for 6 weeks after the completion.
- If you are planning for vaccination, it would be best to consult your doctor.
- Use proper sun block agents with high SPF to prevent the risk of skin cancer.
Side effects are unwanted symptoms caused by medicines. Even though all medicines cause side effects, not everyone gets them.
The side effects of Mycept S 360mg Tablet are listed below:
- Risk of Cytomegalovirus or hepatitis Infections
- Blood vomiting
- Blood in stools
- Ulcers in the intestine
- Unwanted skin growth or changes in moles
- Brain Infection
- Risk of fungal infections
- Decrease in blood cell counts
- Flu symptoms
- Joint pain
- Electrolyte disturbances- decrease in levels of potassium, calcium
- Elevated levels of uric acid
- High blood pressure
- Abnormal levels of liver and kidney parameters
- Urinary tract infection
- Acidity issues
- Trouble sleeping
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.