SAMTIDE 50MG TABLET
BICALUTAMIDEManufacturer : SAMARTH LIFE SCIENCES PVT LTDOrigin of Medicine : India
Samtide 50mg Tablet consists of the active ingredient Bicalutamide. It is used for the treatment of advanced prostate cancer. It belongs to the category of drugs called non-steroidal anti-androgens. It is prescribed along with Luteinizing Hormone-Releasing Hormone (LHRH) analog or surgical removal of testicles.
It is a part of androgen deprivation therapy, a combination of radiation, surgical and hormonal therapy in high-risk patients. Androgen deprivation therapy lowers the levels of testosterone considerably. Prostate cancer is sensitive to androgen and hence, this treatment aims to counteract the source and effect of androgen. Report to your physician right away if you experience side effects such as blood in urine or severe allergic reactions due to this treatment.
Uses of Samtide 50mg Tablet:
- Treatment of advanced prostate cancer
How Samtide 50mg Tablet works:
Samtide 50mg Tablet binds to the cytosol androgen receptors and blocks the effect of the androgen hormone. It interrupts the interaction of androgen receptors to hormones testosterone and dihydrotestosterone. This, in turn, blocks the growth of cancer cells in the prostate gland.
Interaction with other drugs:
Inform your doctor about any medications you are taking or have taken before the treatment.
Store at a temperature not exceeding 30˚C. Keep out of reach of children.
- AstraZeneca Pharmaceuticals, U.S. Food & Drug Administration, [Revised on Oct 2017] [Accessed on 15th Jun 2021], https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/label/2017/020498s028lbl.pdf
- AstraZeneca, Electronic Medicines Compendium (EMC), [Revised on Apr 2020] [Accessed on 6th Dec 2021], https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/files/pil.5491.pdf
- Marina D. Kaymakcalan and Christy S. Harris, Prostate Cancer, Applied Therapeutics, The Clinical Use Of Drugs, 11th Edition, 2018, 2083-2100.
How to use Samtide 50mg Tablet:
Consume the tablet at the same time each day, with or without food.
This medicine could cause hepatic injury. Inform your physician before starting this treatment if you have liver diseases. Your physician will monitor your liver functions regularly.
Inform your physician before starting this treatment if you have kidney diseases. Your physician will monitor your kidney functions regularly.
Avoid driving or using machinery if you experience side effects like drowsiness or dizziness.
Inform your physician if you experience allergic reactions to this medicine or its ingredients.
- Male patients with female sexual partners should use an effective method of contraception during this treatment.
- Talk to your physician before starting this treatment if you have diabetes or are already taking an LHRH analog.
- This treatment could cause skin sensitivity. Avoid sunlight, sunlamps and use sunscreen with high SPF.
Side effects are unwanted symptoms caused by medicines. Even though all drugs cause side effects, not everyone gets them.
- Severe allergic reactions such as rashes, swelling, wheezing, etc
- Heart problems
- Changes in liver enzymes
- Blood in urine
- Body Pain
- Peripheral edema
- Enlargement of breasts
- Weakness, swelling and breast tenderness
- Weight gain
- Hair loss
- Low appetite
- Low sex drive
- Blood glucose problem
MrMed’s primary intention is to ensure that its consumers get information that is reviewed by experts, accurate and trustworthy. The information and contents of this website are for informational purposes only. They are not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of your doctor and discuss all your queries related to any disease or medicine. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on MrMed. Our mission is to support, not replace, the doctor-patient relationship.
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.