TENTIDE AF 25MG TABLET
TENOFOVIR ALAFENAMIDEManufacturer : SUN PHARMACEUTICAL INDUSTRIES LTDOrigin of Medicine : India
Tentide AF 25mg Tablet is an antiviral medication containing the active constituent tenofovir alafenamide. It is used to treat chronic hepatitis B virus (HBV) infection. Hepatitis B is an infection affecting the liver caused by the hepatitis B virus. Discuss with your doctor about the precautions needed to avoid infecting others. Tell your doctor if you have or ever had kidney diseases, liver diseases, or HIV before taking Tentide AF 25mg Tablet. Administration of this medicine may lead to lactic acidosis (accumulation of excessive acid) and hepatomegaly (enlarged liver).
It is not recommended for patients weighing less than 35 kg. This medicine contains lactose. Contact your doctor if you are intolerant to sugars before taking medicine. Tell your doctor if you are breastfeeding or pregnant before taking Tentide AF 25mg Tablet. Please do not stop taking this medicine without your doctor’s advice as it may worsen the condition.
Uses of Tentide AF 25mg Tablet:
- Chronic Hepatitis B virus (HBV) infection
How Tentide AF 25mg Tablet works:
Tentide AF 25mg Tablet gets attached to the viral DNA, inhibits the HBV viral replication, and improves the condition of the liver.
Interactions with other drugs:
Inform your doctor about any medications you are taking or have taken before the treatment.
Keep out of sight and reach of children. Store below 30°C. keep the container tightly closed.
- KD Tripathi, Essentials of Medical Pharmacology, Antiviral drugs, 7th edition, 2013, 808.
- Goodman & Gilman’s, The Pharmacological Basis of Therapeutics, Antiviral agents (Non-retroviral), 12th edition, 2011, 1615.
- Gilead Sciences Ltd, Electronic medicines compendium (emc), [ Revised on Jan 2021] [ Accessed on 30th April 2021], https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/files/pil.2314.pdf
- Gilead Sciences, US Food and Drug Administration, [ Revised on Feb 2020] [ Accessed on 30th April 2021], https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/label/2020/208464s008lbl.pdf
How to use Tentide AF 25mg Tablet:
Take this medication in the dose and duration prescribed by your physician. Swallow the tablets whole and intact. Do not break or chew the tablets. It should be taken with food. Do not change or miss a dose.
You should not take this medicine during the pregnancy unless your doctor recommends to take. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to pregnant before taking this medicine.
Do not breastfeed during treatment with the medicine. Consult your doctor for risks and benefits.
Inform your doctor if you have any liver diseases before taking Tentide AF 25mg Tablet.
Inform your doctor if you have any kidney diseases before taking Tentide AF 25mg Tablet.
The medicine may make you feel dizzy, avoid driving during treatment.
- Inform your doctor if you are intolerant to sugars as the medicine contains lactose.
Side effects are unwanted symptoms caused by medicines. Even though all medicines cause side effects, not everyone gets them.
- Too much lactic acid in the blood (unusual weakness, muscle pain, cold hands and feet)
- Severe liver problems (yellow skin and eyes, tea-colored urine, light-colored stools, loss of appetite)
- Severe kidney problems
- Nausea, vomiting
- Stomach pain, joint pain
- Rash, itching
- Feeling tired
- Headache, dizziness
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.