UNIGRILIN 20MG INJECTION
EPTIFIBATIDEManufacturer : UNITED BIOTECH PVT LTDOrigin of Medicine : India
Unigrilin 20mg Injection consists of the active ingredient Eptifibatide. It is indicated to treat adults with severe chest pain due to a condition called coronary insufficiency, and it is usually prescribed along with heparin or aspirin. Coronary insufficiency is a condition where the heart's arteries become narrow due to plaque formation and limits blood flow.
This medicine is intended only for adults admitted to the coronary care units. Your physician will test your blood as a safety measure to detect unusual bleeding. The significant side effect associated with this medicine is bleeding. Report to your physician straight away if you notice blood in urine, stool or vomit during this treatment.
Uses of Unigrilin 20mg Injection:
Unigrilin 20mg Injection is indicated to relieve chest pain and prevent blood clots in the following heart problems:
- Coronary insufficiency
- Myocardial infarction (heart attack)
How Unigrilin 20mg Injection works:
Unigrilin 20mg Injection works by blocking the aggregation of platelets in the blood, preventing blood clot formation.
Interaction with other drugs:
Inform your physician regarding any medicines you are taking or have taken before the treatment.
Store in a refrigerator (2°C – 8°C)
- GlaxoSmithKline UK Limited, [Revised on Jan 2021] [Accessed on 28th Dec 2021], https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/files/pil.6887.pdf
- Kerstin Hogg and Jeffrey I. Weitz, Blood Coagulation and Anticoagulant, Fibrinolytic, and Antiplatelet Drugs, Goodman and Gilman’s Pharmacological Basis of Therapeutics, 585-603.
How to use Unigrilin 20mg Injection:
You will receive this injection through your vein after your physician calculates the accurate dose based on your body weight.
Unigrilin 20mg Injection is usually not recommended for use during pregnancy. Before starting this treatment, tell your physician if you are pregnant or planning to have a baby.
Tell your physician before starting this treatment if you are breastfeeding your baby.
Tell your physician before starting this treatment if you have liver problems. You must not be given Unigrilin 20mg Injection if you have severe liver problems.
Tell your physician before starting this treatment if you have kidney problems. You must not be given Unigrilin 20mg Injection if you have severe kidney problems.
Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if you feel dizzy or sick.
- Tell your doctor if you are allergic to eptifibatide or other ingredients.
- This medicine is unsuitable for patients with low platelet count, high blood pressure, bleeding problems, brain tumours and stomach problems.
- Tell your physician before starting this treatment if you have had a stroke or undergone surgery in the past six weeks.
- This medicine is not intended for children and adolescents under 18 years of age.
Side effects are unwanted symptoms caused by medicines. Even though all medications cause side effects, not everyone gets them.
- Major or minor bleeding
- Allergic reactions
- Inflammation of vein
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.