EFAVIRENZ,EMTRICITABINE,TENOFOVIR DISOPROXIL FUMARATEManufacturer : EMCURE PHARMACEUTICALS LTDOrigin of Medicine : India
Vonavir Tablet is a combination drug regimen that is commonly used for the effective treatment of HIV-1 infection. Antiviral drugs are beneficial in postponing the complications related to AIDS and improving the overall quality of life. This combinational therapy is highly suitable for patients with large viral load. Although this drug reduces the risk of viral infection to a great extent, this does not cure HIV and there is still a possibility of transmitting HIV to other people.
Uses of Vonavir Tablet:
- Treatment of HIV-1 infection in adults and children above the age of 12 years
How Vonavir Tablet Works:
The reverse transcriptase enzyme is responsible for producing copies of DNA from the HIV’s RNA. Vonavir Tablet is a combination of Efavirenz, Emtricitabine and Tenofovir Disoproxil fumarate. Efavirenz is a non-nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitor that directly inhibit the enzyme reverse transcriptase. Emtricitabine gets converted into its triphosphate form by the kinase enzymes as soon as it reaches inside the cell and inhibits reverse transcriptase enzyme. Tenofovir is the only nucleotide analog and it has a high tolerability. The inhibition of reverse transcriptase enzyme ultimately blocks the replication and reproduction of the virus.
Interaction with other drugs:
Inform your doctor about any medications you are taking or have taken before the treatment.
Keep the tablets away from sight and reach of children. Consult your healthcare professional regarding proper method of discarding the medicines you no longer use.
- Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories (UK) Ltd., Electronic Medicines Compendium (EMC), [Revised on Dec 2019] [Accessed on 23rd Apr 2021], https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/files/pil.9129.pdf
- Bristol-Myers Squibb and Gilead Sciences, LLC, US Food and Drug Administration, [Revised on Nov 2015] [Accessed on 23rd Apr 2021], https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/label/2015/021937s037lbl.pdf
- KD Tripathi, Antiviral Drugs (Anti-retrovirus), Essentials of Medical Pharmacology, 8th Edition, 2019, 860-872.
How to use Vonavir Tablet:
Take this tablet only under the supervision of a qualified physician. In case of vomiting, take another tablet and do not wait for the next dosing schedule.
Your physician shall prescribe Vonavir Tablet only if it is essential and the benefits outweigh the risks.
Vonavir Tablet tends to get excreted in human milk. Consult your physician for advice before breastfeeding.
Consult your physician for advice before taking Vonavir Tablet if you have liver problems. Ensure that your physician monitors your liver functions regularly.
Inform your physician before starting treatment with Vonavir Tablet if you have kidney problems. Ensure that your physician monitors your kidney functions regularly.
Avoid driving if you are feeling unwell, as this medicine may make you feel dizzy and less alert.
Inform your physician before taking Vonavir Tablet if you are hypersensitive to the Tablet or its ingredients.
- Inform your physician if you have a heart condition or electrolyte imbalance.
- Inform your physician before beginning treatment if you have or ever had mental illness, fits, Hepatitis infection, skin rashes or any other signs of infection or inflammation.
- Female patients of reproductive age should follow an effective method of contraception during treatment.
Side effects are unwanted symptoms caused by medicines. Even though all drugs cause side effects, not everyone gets them.
- Rapid breathing
- Nausea, vomiting and stomach pain
- Severe allergic reactions
- Severe mood disturbances, depression and suicidal thoughts
- Confusion, forgetfulness, seizures and tremor
- Liver toxicity
- Kidney damage
- Diarrhea, headache
- Increased levels of cholesterol and glucose in blood
- Breast enlargement in males
- Bone disorders
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.