XARELTO 15MG TABLET 14'S
RIVAROXABANManufacturer : BAYER PHARMACEUTICALS PVT LTDOrigin of Medicine : Germany
Xarelto 15mg Tablet consists of the active ingredient Rivaroxaban. It reduces systemic embolism (blood clot formation) and the risk of stroke in patients having heart problems excluding heart valves. It is also used to prevent the formation of blood clots in patients with knee or hip replacement surgery. It alleviates blood clots in deep vein thrombosis and pulmonary embolism and prevents them from reoccurring.
Deep vein thrombosis occurs due to formation of blood clots in the legs. In contrast, pulmonary embolism refers to blood clots in the lungs' blood vessels.
Uses of Xarelto 15mg Tablet:
Xarelto 15mg Tablet is indicated to prevent or minimize blood clots in the following conditions:
- Hip or knee replacement operation.
- Deep vein thrombosis, Systemic embolism and Pulmonary embolism
How Xarelto 15mg Tablet works:
Xarelto 15mg Tablet belongs to antithrombotic agents. It is a direct inhibitor of activated Factor Xa. It begins its anticoagulant action within 3-4 hours of administration and its effect lasts for 24 hours. Inhibition of Factor Xa reduces the tendency of the blood to form clots.
Interaction with other drugs:
Inform your doctor about any medications you are taking or have taken before the treatment.
This tablet does not require special storage conditions. Keep the tablets away from the sight and reach of children.
- Bayer, [Revised on Dec 2021], [Accessed on 29th Dec 2021], https://www.janssenlabels.com/package-insert/product-monograph/prescribing-information/XARELTO-pi.pdf
- Bayer, Electronic Medicines Compendium (EMC), [Revised on Jun 2021], [Accessed on 29th Dec 2021], https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/files/pil.6402.pdf
- KD Tripathi, Drugs Affecting Coagulation, Bleeding and Thrombosis, Essentials of Medical Pharmacology, 8th Edition, 2019, 659-681.
How to use Xarelto 15mg Tablet:
Swallow the whole tablet with water. You shall take this tablet with or without food.
Inform your physician before taking Xarelto 15mg Tablet if you are pregnant or think you might be pregnant.
It is unknown whether Xarelto 15mg Tablet is excreted in milk. Consult your physician for advice.
Inform your physician before starting this treatment if you have liver diseases. Your physician will monitor your liver functions regularly.
Inform your physician before starting this treatment if you have kidney diseases. Your physician will monitor your kidney functions regularly.
Avoid driving or using machinery if you experience unusual symptoms after taking this medicine.
- Inform your physician before initiating this treatment if you have bleeding disorders or increased bleeding risk (ulcer, injury, recent surgery, etc).
- Inform your physician if you have uncontrolled blood pressure, retinopathy, stomach and bowel diseases or prosthetic heart valve.
- Talk to your physician if you are about to undergo any surgery.
- Inform your physician if you experience allergic reactions to or its ingredients.
Side effects are unwanted symptoms caused by medicines. Even though all drugs cause side effects, not everyone gets them.
- Unusual bleeding or bruising
- Severe skin reactions
- Severe allergic reactions
- Impaired kidney function
- Limb swelling
- Blood in urine
- Increase in liver enzymes
- Rash, itchy skin
- Headache, dizziness
- Weakness, tiredness
- Low blood pressure
- Stomach ache, indigestion, constipation, diarrhea
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.