APIGAT 2.5MG TABLET
APIXABANManufacturer : NATCO PHARMA LTDOrigin of Medicine : India
Apigat 2.5mg tablet contains the active ingredient Apixaban. This medicine is used for the treatment and prevention of blood clots in patients suffering from various conditions.
Before starting treatment with this medicine, inform your doctor if you have a bleeding disorder, are currently suffering from bleeding or have a blood clot.
Also inform your doctor if you have an ulcer; have a liver disorder, immune disorder (that can cause blood clots) or have to undergo surgery.
Do not take this medicine if you are allergic to Apixaban.
Uses of Apigat 2.5mg tablet:
Apigat 2.5mg tablet is used in adults for:
- Deep vein thrombosis: To prevent blood clots from forming after knee or hip replacement surgery
- To prevent blood clots in the heart from forming in patients with irregular heart beat (atrial fibrillation). Blood clots may break off and travel to the brain and cause systemic embolism. A stroke can be fatal.
- Pulmonary embolism: To treat blood clots in the blood vessels of your lungs.
How Apigat 2.5mg tablet works:
Apigat 2.5mg tablet works by preventing blood clots from forming by preventing Factor Xa; which is important for blood clotting.
Interactions with other drugs:
Inform your doctor about any medications you are taking before starting treatment with Apigat 2.5mg tablets. This medicine may interact with the following:
- Anti fungal medicines (ketoconazole etc.)
- Anti viral medicines (ritonavir etc.)
- Medicines to reduce blood clotting (enoxaparin etc)
- Anti inflammatory medicines (acetylsalicylic acid etc)
- Anti depressants
- Hypertension medicines or problems for heart problems eg.( Diltiazem)
- Epilepsy or seizure medication
- Medicines to treat tuberculosis (eg. Rifampicin)
Keep out of the sight and reach of children. Do not use after expiration date.
- Agrawal A, Kerndt CC, Manna B, Apixaban; Published 2021; Accessed 29/03/2021https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK507910/
- Katherine Victoria Hurst, John Matthew O’Callaghan and Ashok Handa; ; Quick reference guide to Apixaban; Published 2017 ; Accessed 29/03/2021 https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5513886/#__ffn_sectitle
- Bristol Myers Squibb/Pfizer EEIG; Electronic Medicines Compendium; [Revised:2021] [Accessed:17/Apr/2021]https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/files/pil.4756.pdf
- SL Greig; Apixaban: A review in venous thromboembolism; [Published:2016] [Accessed:18/May/2021]
How to use Apigat 2.5mg tablet:
Follow the exact dosage prescribed by your doctor.
This medicine is not safe to be used in pregnancy. Consult your doctor for advice.
It is not recommended to breastfeed while taking this medicine. Consult your doctor for advice.
This medicine should be used with caution in patients suffering from liver diseases. Consult your doctor for advice.
This medicine should be used with caution in patients suffering from kidney diseases. Consult your doctor for advice.
This medicine should be used with caution in patients with very high blood pressure. Consult your doctor for advice.
Side Effects are unwanted symptoms caused by medicines. Although all medicines cause side effects; not everyone gets them.
- Allergic reactions
- Abnormal liver function
- Low blood pressure ; fainting
- Bleeding: in vagina, stomach, nose , red stools etc.
- Allergic reactions: swelling in lips, face , throat etc.
- Bleeding in brain
- Skin rash
- Hair loss
- Reduced number of platelets
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.