Did you find this information helpful?
REGONAT 40MG TABLET
Salt Composition : Regorafenib
Manufacturer : NATCO PHARMA LTD
Origin of Medicine : India
28 Tablet(s) In A Bottle
Introduction to Regonat 40mg Tablet
Regonat 40 mg tablets contain the active substance regorafenib. It is a medicine used to treat cancer by slowing down the growth of cancer cells. The tablets treat colon or rectal cancer, certain types of stomach and bowel cancer, and liver cancer. Talk to your doctor before taking this medicine if you have any liver problems, had or have bleeding problems, severe stomach and bowel problems, heart problems, or high blood pressure. Do not take this medicine if you are allergic to regorafenib.
Uses of Regonat 40mg Tablet
Regonat 40 mg tablet is used in the treatment of:
- Colorectal cancer has started to spread to other parts of the body
- Gastrointestinal stromal tumors (GIST) (a type of stomach and bowel cancer)
- Liver cancer in adult patients who have already undergone treatment with Sorafenib
Therapeutic Effects of Regonat 40mg Tablet
Regonat 40 mg tablets work by slowing down the growth and spread of cancer cells and cutting off their blood supply.
Interaction of Regonat 40mg Tablet with other drugs
Inform your doctor about all the prescribed medicines, over-the-counter medications, nutritional or vitamin supplements, and herbal products that you take or have taken before the treatment. Certain drugs may interact with Nublex 40 mg tablet and cause undesirable side effects. Concurrent use of this tablet and CYP3A4 inhibitors like ketoconazole (oral) and others may interact with this medicine.
More Information about Regonat 40mg Tablet
Keep Regonat 40 mg tablet out of sight and reach of children. Do not use it after the expiration date.
How to consume Regonat 40mg Tablet
Follow the exact dosage prescribed by your doctor. Do not crush, chew or break the Regonat 40 mg tablet. Swallow the tablet as a whole with water. Take the tablet with food.
Safety Advices for Regonat 40mg Tablet
Regonat 40 mg tablet is not safe to be used during pregnancy. Consult with your doctor for advice.
It is not recommended to breastfeed while taking Regonat 40 mg tablets. Consult with your doctor for advice.
Regonat 40 mg tablet should be used with caution in patients with a history of lung disease. Please consult your doctor for more advice.
Regonat 40 mg tablets should be used cautiously in patients with liver diseases. Consult with your doctor for advice.
It is unknown whether it is safe to consume alcohol with Regonat 40 mg Tablet. Please consult your doctor.
It is not known whether Regonat 40 mg Tablet alters the ability to drive. Do not drive if you experience symptoms affecting your ability to concentrate and react.
Side Effects of Regonat 40mg Tablet
Side Effects are unwanted symptoms caused by medicines. Although all medicines cause side effects, not everyone gets them.
- Allergic reaction
- Severe liver problems
- Gastrointestinal perforation
- Heart attack and severe chest pain
- Severely high blood pressure
- Skin eruptions
- Skin cancers
- Confusion, Seizures, headaches, and vision loss with or without high blood pressure
- Stevens-Johnson syndrome
- Skin detachment
- Enlargement of a blood vessel or a tear in a blood vessel
- Reduced number of white blood cells
- Lowered levels of phosphate, potassium, calcium, sodium, or magnesium
- Elevated level of uric acid in the blood
- Headache and tremors
- Disorder of the nerves that causes numbness, tingling, weakness, or pain (peripheral neuropathy)
- Changes in taste, dry mouth
- Gastroenteritis (inflammation and infection of the stomach)
- Hair loss (alopecia)
- Dry skin
- Muscle spasms
- Protein in urine
- Abnormal blood clotting condition
Word of Advice
Talk to the doctor if the patient has any liver disorders, infection, bleeding problems, stomach and bowel problems, chest pain, heart diseases, high blood pressure, persistent headache, seizures, or recently had or going to have a surgical procedure before taking this medicine. It is not recommended for adolescents and children. Avoid drinking grapefruit juice while taking this medicine, as it can use the effectiveness of the medications. Avoid taking this medicine if the patient is planning for pregnancy or during pregnancy and breastfeeding, as it causes harmful effects on the developing baby.
Q 1. Is Regonat 40 mg tablets chemotherapy?
Regonat 40 mg tablets are used as chemotherapy to treat cancer of the stomach, colon, or rectal when other medications and treatments become ineffective.
Q 2. How are Regonat 40 mg tablets taken?
It is taken as prescribed by the doctor. It is taken once daily along with the food at a fixed time and does not stop this medication without the proper advice of the doctor.
Q 3. Can I take grapefruit juice while taking a Regonat 40 mg tablet?
No, patients are advised not to take grapefruit juice while taking this medication as it decreases the effectiveness of the medicine.
Q 4. Is it safe to use Regonat 40 mg tablet during pregnancy?
It is unsafe to use this medication if the patient is planning for pregnancy or during pregnancy as it causes harmful effects on the developing baby.
Q 5. What is the use of Regonat 40 mg tablet?
It is used to treat colon cancer, rectal cancer, liver cancer, and gastrointestinal stromal tumors (GIST) (a type of cancer of the stomach and bowel).
Fact Box of Regonat 40mg Tablet
Molecule name: Regorafenib
|Therapeutic class: Tyrosine kinase inhibitor|
Pharmacological class: Anti-Neoplastics
1. Colorectal cancer
2. Gastrointestinal stromal tumors (GIST) (a type of stomach and bowel cancer)
3. Liver cancer
- Bayer AG; Electronic Medicines Compendium; [Revised:2019] [Accessed:29/Apr:2021] https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/files/pil.1263.pdf
- TJ Ettrich et al; Regorafenib; [Revised:2014] [Accessed:29/Apr/2021] https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/24756792/
- Dirk Strumberg; Regorafenib for cancer; [Revised:2012] [Accessed:29/Apr/2021] https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/22577890/
- Bayer HealthCare Pharmaceuticals Inc; US Food And Drug Administration; [Revised:2012] [Accessed:29/Apr/2021] https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/label/2012/203085lbl.pdf
MrMed’s primary intention is to ensure that its consumers get information that is reviewed by experts, accurate and trustworthy. The information and contents of this website are for informational purposes only. They are not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of your doctor and discuss all your queries related to any disease or medicine. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on MrMed. Our mission is to support, not replace, the doctor-patient relationship.
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.